Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart releases official statement on Will Muschamp, Travaris Robinson coaching moves

SystemSystem Posts: 10,486 admin
edited January 13 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart releases official statement on Will Muschamp, Travaris Robinson coaching moves

Georgia made a major coaching move on Saturday, as it announced that Travaris Robinson will step in as the co-defensive coordinator and safeties coach for the Bulldogs.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 939 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    Georgia67Georgia67 Posts: 140 ✭✭✭ Junior

I know this is off topic but our Hoop Dawgs are getting after it vs. Tennessee!

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Excellent point! It’s just plain weird that with virtually every coaching vacancy the most sought after coaches come from some branch of the Saban coaching tree…except for Alabama!

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There’s no doubt Connor Riley is very excited about this development for the UGA football program. He’s so excited that he’s posted two stories covering it that are nearly identical!

😂

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 13

Best UGA B-Ball team, I've seen....in what seems like, a hundred years. Like I said a month ago....this ain't your "normal mediocre", "shoot yourself in the foot"....Bulldog cagers. They're playin' some ball.

That Freshman....Demery is gonna be a great one, before White gets done with him....IMO.

Oh yeah....great Kirby Smart hire. If UGA and Bama are merging in Athens...LOL...I have a message for the rest of CFB..........

"Turn out the lights....the party's over"______Dandy Don Meredith

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Interesting fact about the DeBoer hire, Washington ranked No.99 in Total Defense.

It will be interesting to see how many players, coaches and recruits they lose off their defense. It could turn into a purge...

• Options
    edited January 13

Unless they hire Will Muschamp to be the Tide's DC. That seems to be a likelihood, now. I'd hire him....in a heartbeat.

That could also explain the Muschamp move...to "Analyst". Just sayin'....the stars are starting to align in the SEC.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ouch !!! I sure hope your wrong about Bama hiring Will Muschamp !!! That would be of Big help to their new HC both on the sidelines and in recruiting. But could be. Nothing can surprise us in CFB anymore !!!

• Options

Yep. Best I understand yeah he’s just moving to analyst. I think BigDawg61 was saying What If type thing. I sure Hope he doesn’t go to Bama that would be bad news !!

• Options

If Will made a move, like that....it would make sense. He's a helluva coach. 2-time SEC Head Coach, no less.

If he left to take the DC Job in Tuscaloosa...it would be as HC-in-waiting. You know doggone well Bama's version of Auburn's "Bryan Harsen Experiment" is bound to fail.

When it does...Muschamp will be there to pick up the pieces. Giving him a "real shot" at Head Coaching success. I hate that it's in Alabama....but, there's only so-many quality Head Coaching jobs available.

Or....he could just stay in Athens for the long-haul. Which I truly hope, is the case. I love watching these guys work together, to build something CFB hasn't seen, yet. An NFL-Quality football program, in the College ranks.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I just don’t see him wanting to be a head coach right now in the coaching climate. He’s been to that show twice and it’s just didn’t fit.

factoring in his age, where his family is at, and the volatile state of coaching I would t be surprised if he stayed put. At least for this season.

• Options

That’s my humble opinion to. Muschamp is like 3-4 years older than Kirby. Probably won’t be much longer and he’s son Jackson will get married. Then that’ll mean grand younguns not long after. I could be wrong. With all respect You could be wrong. But I’m With you I would think Will is at the settling in age.

CFB is a tough, tough road to hack now with all the changes. With the $$$ he made at his two previous HC gigs plus the $$$ he’ll make as an analyst he’s good on that front or should be.

Don’t hold my feet to the fire on this cause you’ll burn my big tootsies Lol !! But if my memory serves he was making $300K as an analyst previously Before they brought him down to the sideline as CoDefensive Cord. & DBs coach.

I don’t know what they were paying him on the sidelines in that capacity. But Analyst wlll be Far less pressure and I’m assuming he’ll make At Least what he was making before. $300K is pretty darn good money !! Besides like Kirby UGA is his alma mater. Anything these days is possible. But I hope he stays in Athens. We as Dawgs fans don’t want Bama to have Any help !! Let ‘Em crash and burn !! We’ll roast marshmellos over their fire !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options

I think he's making between 1 and 2 Million, as a Coordinator. You think their going to pay him that, as an analyst?

• Options

Oh No of course not. But he Was making I think $300K as an Analyst previously. One would think he’ll make at least that much again, maybe even more, for Far less stress than the responsibility of DC !!

Fans will chew on the DC when things go bad on defense (So will the HC)

But you never read much of anything Good or Bad or in between on here about an Analyst. He Might leave. But I’m thinking he won’t. But I could be Very wrong !! Sure wouldn’t be the first time.

But of All places I Sure Hope he doesn’t go to Bama !! With his recruiting inroads, That alone would be of Big help to Bama !! Less alone his Great skills as a DC. No we don’t want to see Any Good going to Bama to Help the new HC. Let him make it on his own with the staff he’ll Probably bring in from WA. That would prove even more he’s the great coach many seem to think he is.

For Me I want to see Bama turn into a steaming pile of horse dung for years to come. Tone down some of that blaring arrogance from Bama fans. 😂

P.S. I didn’t mean to sound like I was speaking For you, but your saying from a What If standpoint not an Absolutely he’s going to Bama right ?Thats what I was telling Vetdawg. He had read yours and my comments and was thinking he’d missed an announcement that Muschamp is For Sure going to Bama.

We All better cross our fingers that he Doesn’t go to Bama !! I Think he won’t, but he Could. Wouldn’t be shocked, hard to be shocked about Anything in CFB anymore. 😳

• Options

No....he's not definitely leaving. At least, not that I'm aware of....I hope.

It's just a hypothetical move, based on current events. Muschamp will coach again, someday. He's too good, to be an "analyst". I don't know what the longterm plans are, in Athens....but, I doubt it involves leaving Muschamp in the office. Lol

I think Kirby bringing in that Bama DB Coach to help run UGA's defensive backfield...was a master ****. It could also mean, the Dawgs get Caleb Downs, afterall.

BTW, another hypothetical has Kirby taking over the Falcons...and, Muschamp taking over the Dawgs, when he leaves. Chew on that one, a while. Lol