Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Kirby Smart releases official statement on Will Muschamp, Travaris Robinson coaching moves

2»

Comments

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think he's making between 1 and 2 Million, as a Coordinator. You think their going to pay him that, as an analyst?

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh No of course not. But he Was making I think $300K as an Analyst previously. One would think he’ll make at least that much again, maybe even more, for Far less stress than the responsibility of DC !!

Fans will chew on the DC when things go bad on defense (So will the HC)

But you never read much of anything Good or Bad or in between on here about an Analyst. He Might leave. But I’m thinking he won’t. But I could be Very wrong !! Sure wouldn’t be the first time.

But of All places I Sure Hope he doesn’t go to Bama !! With his recruiting inroads, That alone would be of Big help to Bama !! Less alone his Great skills as a DC. No we don’t want to see Any Good going to Bama to Help the new HC. Let him make it on his own with the staff he’ll Probably bring in from WA. That would prove even more he’s the great coach many seem to think he is.

For Me I want to see Bama turn into a steaming pile of horse dung for years to come. Tone down some of that blaring arrogance from Bama fans. 😂

P.S. I didn’t mean to sound like I was speaking For you, but your saying from a What If standpoint not an Absolutely he’s going to Bama right ?Thats what I was telling Vetdawg. He had read yours and my comments and was thinking he’d missed an announcement that Muschamp is For Sure going to Bama.

We All better cross our fingers that he Doesn’t go to Bama !! I Think he won’t, but he Could. Wouldn’t be shocked, hard to be shocked about Anything in CFB anymore. 😳

No....he's not definitely leaving. At least, not that I'm aware of....I hope.

It's just a hypothetical move, based on current events. Muschamp will coach again, someday. He's too good, to be an "analyst". I don't know what the longterm plans are, in Athens....but, I doubt it involves leaving Muschamp in the office. Lol

I think Kirby bringing in that Bama DB Coach to help run UGA's defensive backfield...was a master ****. It could also mean, the Dawgs get Caleb Downs, afterall.

BTW, another hypothetical has Kirby taking over the Falcons...and, Muschamp taking over the Dawgs, when he leaves. Chew on that one, a while. Lol

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If anyone Could fix the Falcons it’d be Kirby. But that would be about as challenging as replacing Saban is gonna be for DeBoer. I stopped watching the NFL when our National Anthem was being disrespected. But I do know enough about the Falcons to know their a hot mess Lol !!

I can’t understand why Blank won’t take Dawgs right out of the NFL training camp that is UGA ?? If he did he’d reel in More combo Dawgs/Falcons fans to boot.

IF Kirby left I wouldn’t be opposed to Muschamp. If that were happening right now today though, Will would fare best just to keep what Kirby has in staff if he could. If that happened I think Will would fare better at UGA with what Kirby would leave him, than he did at UF and SC.

It’s gonna get harder and harder to find high quality Championship level Coaches. Your messing with my mind Lol !! I only have Two brain cells left, one positive and one negative, if those two spark each other out it’s all over !! 🤣😂

• ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 547 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

What you smoking, man? I mean Will is still young in coaching terms and could be a HC or DC, but the next DC job he takes will be at UGA after Schumann imo.

He just gave up that job...[UGA DC]...to sit behind a desk as a Defensive Analyst making about $700,000 dollars less, than he did in '23??? Man....what you been smokin'?.

His next move, is Head Coach. Maybe HC of UGA after Kirby heads to the NFL.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I believe T-Rob is heading back to Bama...Interviewed with the new coach yesterday. Too bad for UGA, IF I am right. Bama offered him total control of the defense. I could be wrong as mum seems to be the word on it. Wait and see.

He turned it down. Decided not to board The Hindenburg, I guess. Lol...Bama's next coaching change, is just around the corner. Deboer is having a difficult time filling his staff with quality coaching and SEC experience.

The downfall of most non-SEC HC hires...IMO. Bryan Kelly could be an exception. Time will tell.