Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia dismisses safety David Daniel-Sisavanh from the team

SystemSystem Posts: 10,968 admin
edited July 16 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia dismisses safety David Daniel-Sisavanh from the team

Georgia announced on Tuesday that safety David Daniel-Sisavanh is no longer with the team due to a violation of team rules.

Read the full story here

Comments

• kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Now just curious as to why. He definitely did something wrong if you're removed from the team while the coach is out of town.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

WOW! I will always remember his tackle on CJ Stroud one-on-one as Stroud was hauling tail towards our goal-line. Took his legs right out from under him and saved at least 5 yards(closer to a FG), maybe even a TD.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 29,198 mod

apparently kicked off for speeding and driving issues. Hope this makes all the geritol dawgs happy.

• NCMtnDawgNCMtnDawg Posts: 55 ✭✭✭ Junior

Auburn will pick him up

• khummelkhummel Posts: 892 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sounds like what distinguishes this case from other player driving infraction cases is that DDS fled and was pursued? Go Dawgs!

• KaseyKasey Posts: 29,198 mod

i agree that seeing those circumstances than yes he should be kicked off the team. I don’t agree with a blanket expulsion off the team without a really good reason. What Smael, Bo, and Danelle did doesn’t warrant that, regardless of what some dusty fans think and believe.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If he got kicked off the team, it doesn't matter whether you think it was "a really good reason" or not. All that matters is what Kirby Smart thinks. He thinks one guy needed to go. He doesn't think the others guys need to go. Yet. So, "dusty fans" or not (whatever that means), none of us has a say-so over who stays or goes.

• jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 428 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This is why you over recruit and bring in more players. I hate it for the young man, but there are consequences in life. Now, someone else will step up.

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 16

Says the one with a wrestling fake as his profile pic..You'll be "dusty" 1 day also..if you're lucky.

• ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 547 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Dusty? Geritol? What about people your age that think that? And younger? Shhh…Some people just feel good about themselves by being critical of others. Sad huh?

Is Kirby old enough to be "dusty" according to you?

Fans don't matter, including me. Kirby matters and if he needed to send a stronger message and kick them all off, for the well being of the program and its future and that is exactly what he does, well he is the only "dusty" person that matters.

Whether you and your basement living buddies in your parents houses likes it or not!

• KudzuKudzu Posts: 364 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This has been an interesting stream of comments to read. I'm not a big fan of any -ism, ageism included.

That said, and no pun intended, this was a smart move by CKS. It's all about accountability. Make a mistake, take accountability, and you get another shot... albeit with penalities and increased scrutiny going forward.

Don't take accountability? Take the permanent consequences (from a UGA football perspective) and move on. Not pulling over immediately for the cops is a huge lack of accountability... and a very public, thoroughly documented one at that.

I wish the young man all the best and hope that his mistake and lack of accountability, and the subsequent consequences, blunt future issues for other Dawg players 🙏🏻

• ugambaugamba Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

Don't know about the pursuit. Don't remember reading about him being in jail or about bail. If he ran from the police I would think he's in jail or was released on a pretty high bail. I think he was the perfect player to make an example out of. He played but wasn't going to be a starter going forward.