Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Alabama sets home-and-home with Texas...

AgDawgAgDawg Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

For 2022 and 2023. McGarrity needs to get on it. USC, Michigan, Florida State. Someone...

Comments

• bobbybobby Posts: 150 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don't want to see another home schedule like the one we're having this year. Pretty pathetic. We're begging for these type of matchups and it seems to fall on deaf ears. OKST, AZSt, CO, were fun road trips..wish we did more of that kind of stuff.

• UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The FSU people I know down here in Criminole land are very receptive to a home and home with UGA, or so they say. And then what happens? They schedule Boise State for 2019 and 2020.

• MODawgMODawg Posts: 479 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@AgDawg said:
    For 2022 and 2023. McGarrity needs to get on it. USC, Michigan, Florida State. Someone...

Hey come on. We are doing a home and home with UCLA in 30 years. That should be good enough.

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,649 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Home and home would with Texas would be awesome, especially when Athens and Austin are probably the two coolest college towns in America.

• BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Austin Peay is considered a "Safe Win" by most Mid-American Conference teams such as my Alma Mater Ohio University who beat AP 38-0 in 2013. I had little interest in driving 900 miles round trip to Athens, Ohio to see the Bobcats play a school like Austin Peay.

We are members of the UGA Parents Council which is always the week of a "Safe Game" which is Middle Tenn State this year. To travel all the way from Richmond and spend a ton of money on a decent hotel to see such a bad game is not exciting. That week my Bobcats play at Virginia where my wife went to school, so we are skipping the MTS game to attend the OU/ UVA game.

We have tickets for the Tennessee game. Had it been a good non-conference match-up on the Parents Council Weekend, we would have probably come to the game Parents Weekend and probably the Tennessee game as well. We have been coming to two home games each year and a third last year when we went to the SEC Championship.

We are so pleased our daughter is at UGA, and we don't mind paying the Out of State Tuition, make our contribution to the Parents Council and another donation directly to her college towards an endowment. We have also begun our donations towards the Bulldog Club so that our daughter can begin to apply for tickets in 2019 after her graduation next year.

We are trying to support both athletics and the academic mission of the University, but they need to upgrade the quality of the home schedule.

• MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BobcatGrad I would recommend looking into the young alumni program for football tickets, it’s how my wife and I got ours after we graduated a few years ago.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

I would love a home and home with BYU so we can see all the cute Mormon women in the crowd and compare and contrast with UGA co-eds

• coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Would like to see a home and home series with one of the top 5 Big 10 schools, a team in the Maryland/Virginia/North Carolina region (for recruiting), or one of the major Texas teams. Penn St., Michigan, or Ohio St. would get national attention.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

@coastaldawg said:
    Would like to see a home and home series with one of the top 5 Big 10 schools, a team in the Maryland/Virginia/North Carolina region (for recruiting), or one of the major Texas teams. Penn St., Michigan, or Ohio St. would get national attention.

They tried with Ohio but the pope got scared and pulled out. They don’t want none

• outkasted40outkasted40 Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

1st time Alabama playing a true road game since....... hell I don't even remember

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I thought UGA was looking into Clemson. UCLA was on the up and up but it does give us more chances to show in front of Cali recruits.

• UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think we will only play Clemson a time or two a decade, to be honest.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2018
    1. USC TROJANS
    2. MICHIGAN WOLVERINES

Georgia playing against USC would be the first time since 1960!!! Now, after 58 years (& still counting!), getting that one scheduled would be just freaking great!! Although UGA is currently 0-3 all time vs the USC Trojans. However, it would be SOOO awesome to get a shot at finally getting a "W" against those folks. As for Michigan? Georgia is 1-1 against them, & hasn't played the Wolverines since back in 1965. That's 53 years & counting with those guys. IMHO these ARE THE two schools that would be the ones that I would REALLY, REALLY hope that our beloved Georgia Bulldogs could get some serious bucket list home & home's scheduled, & then finally played into the history books. These games could be so freaking EPIC for an early September regular season game. GO DAWGS!!!!

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,649 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nebraska would a be a cool H&H simply because both teams are famous for traveling well. I bet they would have the most visiting fans ever in Athens.

• Midnite_TrainMidnite_Train Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@pgjackson said:
    Nebraska would a be a cool H&H simply because both teams are famous for traveling well. I bet they would have the most visiting fans ever in Athens.

i think the world got enough of the "corndawg" match-up this decade during the bowl season

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Midnite_Train said:

@pgjackson said:

i think the world got enough of the "corndawg" match-up this decade during the bowl season

It would also be cool because we'd get to compete with yet another NC coach - Scott Frost. Don't believe me? Ask UCF!

• BullyDawgBullyDawg Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Isn't Bama also trying to pull the trigger on a home-and-home with Notre Dame? Dayum!

• AgDawgAgDawg Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BullyDawg said:
    Isn't Bama also trying to pull the trigger on a home-and-home with Notre Dame? Dayum!

They've already pulled the trigger. A couple weeks ago, I think.

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

I would be happy if we played TAM at least once lol

• moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Home And home with a big Texas school adds recruiting exposure also.