Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Alabama sets home-and-home with Texas...

2»

Comments

• corai3corai3 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A H&H with Miami would be cool. Get to see CMR and let some of our South Florida guys play in front of some friend and family. Maybe even a Wisconsin H&H. Obviously I would support anything better than beating up on Nichols and MTSU. I know you need those games to help your team rest, but man there was something about playing that ND game last year that just made me anticipate college football that much more.

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,646 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@corai3 said:
    A H&H with Miami would be cool. Get to see CMR and let some of our South Florida guys play in front of some friend and family. Maybe even a Wisconsin H&H. Obviously I would support anything better than beating up on Nichols and MTSU. I know you need those games to help your team rest, but man there was something about playing that ND game last year that just made me anticipate college football that much more.

Miami would be cool. I would love to see CMR back in Sanford. You know he would get a standing ovation. They way things went down, the fans never got a chance to publicly show him their appreciation.

• AgDawgAgDawg Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Annnnnnd Bama just set a neutral site with USC in Dallas for 2020. These games are major recruiting tools when players know they'll get a chance to play in these big time match ups. McGarrity needs to CATCH UP! Bama has made a lot of headlines with these games lately.

• coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The big neutral site games are good for publicity, but they don’t address the issues raised by season ticket holders about our weak non-conference games on the home schedule. A couple of home-and-home series against strong opponents would be nice to see. It was great to see how well our fans traveled last season, got a lot of attention nationally.

• dawgy10dawgy10 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Think about it... it's a win win situation for bama, they play these hard ooc games and if they win it helps there case to make playoff even if they lose sec championship. If they lose and win sec championship. They still get in playoff

@dawgy10 said:
    Think about it... it's a win win situation for bama, they play these hard ooc games and if they win it helps there case to make playoff even if they lose sec championship. If they lose and win sec championship. They still get in playoff

Agree that playing that caliber opponent is great, but given that we already play a neutral site game every year, it would be better for our home schedule if we played them in a home-and-home series. Would be nice if we could work it out so that in a year we had a strong home schedule of SEC opponents we could play in the kick-off game in Dallas, maybe have a rematch against Oklahoma.

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,646 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@coastaldawg said:

@dawgy10 said:

Agree that playing that caliber opponent is great, but given that we already play a neutral site game every year, it would be better for our home schedule if we played them in a home-and-home series. Would be nice if we could work it out so that in a year we had a strong home schedule of SEC opponents we could play in the kick-off game in Dallas, maybe have a rematch against Oklahoma.

Play the neutral site game in Atlanta. FSU would be a fantastic neutral site game in Atlanta.

@pgjackson
    Play the neutral site game in Atlanta. FSU would be a fantastic neutral site game in Atlanta.

Thought about Atlanta, but I figured we'd be playing there in the SEC championship game. Playing in Dallas would give fans a chance to go see Jerry World (if they can afford it).

• PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey, don't forget our H&H vs Notre Dame. Nothing to sneeze at.

Would love to see us play Miami in a home-and-home series. Would be good homecoming for our south Florida kids and good exposure for recruiting, plus the whole CMR connection.