Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

BA on vacation

dawgnation7dawgnation7 Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Although it is much needed and WELL deserved.. the first day of sec country without BA, Mike Johnson is talking about UGA slowing down in recruiting compared to what people imagined. Mind you, they did say its just June and where UGA was last June, but it was still brought up! We need the best defending the best, enjoy your vacation.... but come back!!!

Comments

• dawgbybirthdawgbybirth Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited June 2018

Mike Johnson terrific for a Bamar. Really enjoy him. Good sign that he is on attack, says theirs concern and recruitingville. Just fanning the flames on a targeted audience that's leadership boat Saban I was left powerless as a new boat.
    No worries we all know our best recruiting starts when the products on the field. We are chasing our team and taking over.
    We have a way of of maybe not being first choice as we earn our new reputation for some, but we still get the signature and make others runners up.
    I will not forget where we where last year in recruiting and where we ended ever , or the season we enjoyed.
    It's all about putting in the work from here, the rest will come.

• BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope BA and his family are enjoying their vacation.

As far as rankings, we have the highest average ranking per player. As I have stated on other threads, it would be interesting to see the average player ranking a year after the freshman season of each class which factors how many players are academically admitted and how many of them avoid getting suspended their first year.

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2019/all-teams/football

• JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 8,553 admin
    edited June 2018

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

When I'm jonesing for @DawgNationDaily I pop this in the blue-ray.

Funny Easter Egg section. Blu-Ray is also worth it for the Director’s Cut squirrel-hunting scene in Gainesville.

Not sure why that one was cut. Probably the same reason why they cast the 6-foot-4 guy in the Martin Short role.

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JeffSentell said:

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

Funny Easter Egg section. Blu-Ray is also worth it for the Director’s Cut squirrel-hunting scene in Gainesville.

Not sure why that one was cut. Probably the same reason why they cast the 6-foot-4 guy in the Martin Short role.

If I could have found a good photo of Chip with his chin tilted the opposite direction he would have been “Ned Nederlander,” but it’s not easy to find a good photo of him ;)
    If it wasn’t for Chips mug you would clearly have been cast as “Dusty Bottoms”

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

You are very talented my friend!

• BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I met Jeff briefly before the SEC Championship but did not realize he was so short compared to BA and Chip!

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2018
  • christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dawgbybirth said:
    Mike Johnson terrific for a Bamar. Really enjoy him. Good sign that he is on attack, says theirs concern and recruitingville. Just fanning the flames on a targeted audience that's leadership boat Saban I was left powerless as a new boat.
    No worries we all know our best recruiting starts when the products on the field. We are chasing our team and taking over.
    We have a way of of maybe not being first choice as we earn our new reputation for some, but we still get the signature and make others runners up.
    I will not forget where we where last year in recruiting and where we ended ever , or the season we enjoyed.
    It's all about putting in the work from here, the rest will come.

@dawgbybirth AMEN!!! AMEN!!! & AMEN!!!

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2018

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

Fixed @JeffSentell to be taller.

Still rocking that sombrero. Hope he used high enough SPF

• DawgNationDailyDawgNationDaily Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That Three Amigos pic is hilarious. Well done! Looking forward to being back tomorrow!

Ba.

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2018

In BA’s absence, I found out this Joe Rogan guy happens to be what seems to be the cultural zeitgeist podcast. I’d vaguely heard about him before, but checked him out again when after Roseanne’s Twitter kerfuffle, that was the show she was gonna go on. Much better than the talk shows you see on TV I think.

BA’s podcast has advantages though. Rogan isn’t as serious and in depth as something like
    Charlie Rose. But it’s for someone who likes to ponder over what they’re listening to. BA’s podcast is more light hearted. More of an escape I think.

The thing is, there are just soooo many podcasts out there, and sooooo many are just junk. It’s hard to sift through it all and find the good ones.