Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

2020 center Walker Kessler is a must sign for Crean..

WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I really don't follow Georgia hs basketball, my high school has always svcked at it, so it was never a focus.
I just watched video of his sophomore season though, we REALLY need this kid.
No family has a stronger legacy with UGA basketball than The Kesslers, but Walker is on another level from therest, I think he can anchor a top 10 team, he looks like a whole package, defense, shooting, passing, it's all there. He is rail thin, but he has broad shoulders and he's still a pup, I expect he'll play college ball at 7'0'' 230lb or bigger.
He plays for Woodward Academy, do any of you have info on this ?

Comments

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

if he’s anything like the last Kessler, i will pass on him

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@brentwilson said:

He's already the #23 overall recruit for 2020 and I expect him to rise, he is the real deal.

@WCDawg said:

@brentwilson said:

He's already the #23 overall recruit for 2020 and I expect him to rise, he is the real deal.

maybe he is. i just remember Houston Kessler couldn’t even make easy lay ups.

@brentwilson said:

@WCDawg said:

@brentwilson said:

I don't see the value in insulting his brother.

@WCDawg said:

@brentwilson said:

@WCDawg said:

@brentwilson said:

i’m not insulting him, i’m just being completely honest. he looked like he was giving the effort, he just didn’t have the natural ability.

@brentwilson said:

@WCDawg said:

@brentwilson said:

@WCDawg said:

@brentwilson said:

i’m not insulting him, i’m just being completely honest. he looked like he was giving the effort, he just didn’t have the natural ability.

I just don't see the point in bringing it into the conversation.
    He is not his brother, but Houston IS his brother, there's no upside in focusing on him.
    This kid can flat out play and he comes from a legacy family, it's all good.

@WCDawg said:

@brentwilson said:

@WCDawg said:

@brentwilson said:

@WCDawg said:

@brentwilson said:

He is not his brother, but Houston IS his brother, there's no upside in focusing on him.

i would definitely take him if he can play. his ranking definitely does confirm that.

@brentwilson said:

@WCDawg said:

@brentwilson said:

@WCDawg said:

@brentwilson said:

@WCDawg said:

@brentwilson said:

i would definitely take him if he can play. his ranking definitely does confirm that.

I'm heavy into watching players' videos and basically seeing what I see with as little preconceived baggage as I can muster.
    I see a very complete skill set and good athleticism in a 7'0'' body with the frame to carry 230lb or more.
    The basketball IQ and work ethic seems obvious on film.

@WCDawg said:

@brentwilson said:

@WCDawg said:

@brentwilson said:

@WCDawg said:

@brentwilson said:

@WCDawg said:

@brentwilson said:

I'm heavy into watching players' videos and basically seeing what I see with as little preconceived baggage as I can muster.
    I see a very complete skill set and good athleticism in a 7'0'' body with the frame to carry 230lb or more.

Georgia will definitely need some bigs. I don’t believe we have had anyone over 6’11 in a long time. I haven’t looked at the 2020 class much bc i’ve mostly been looking at the 2019 class. im really hoping that Christian Brown commits to the Dawgs.

@brentwilson said:

@WCDawg said:

@brentwilson said:

@WCDawg said:

@brentwilson said:

@WCDawg said:

@brentwilson said:

@WCDawg said:

@brentwilson said:

Georgia will definitely need some bigs. I don’t believe we have had anyone over 6’11 in a long time. I haven’t looked at the 2020 class much bc i’ve mostly been looking at the 2019 class. im really hoping that Christian Brown commits to the Dawgs.

I agree, and again, this kid already has good post up moves, he has touch on his shots, he blocks shots and he puts the ball on the floor, he looks like somebody who can anchor a really strong contender down the road.

• ajf611ajf611 Posts: 154 ✭✭✭ Junior

@brentwilson said:

What a brilliant post. What about his uncle and dad? We should definitely pass on the #23 overall player who's uncle was one of the best players to wear the red and black because the last Kessler was not a great player.

@ajf611 said:

@brentwilson said:

What a brilliant post. What about his uncle and dad? We should definitely pass on the #23 overall player who's uncle was one of the best players to wear the red and black because the last Kessler was not a great player.

i can’t relate because i never saw the others play. i’m just going on the one i saw, but i’m definitely cool with Walker coming.

• KyotoPhantasyKyotoPhantasy Posts: 67 ✭✭✭ Junior

Alec Kessler is UGA royalty who left us too soon. Offer the kid now. Even in an era where bigs are less and less important...sign him, teach him to shoot the 3, and everyone is happy

@KyotoPhantasy said:
    Alec Kessler is UGA royalty who left us too soon. Offer the kid now. Even in an era where bigs are less and less important...sign him, teach him to shoot the 3, and everyone is happy

He already has a very soft shooting touch with solid mechanics. I don't think he'll be a liability in any area.
    The college game isn't quite the position-less game The NBA has moved to anyway. Like college football, it's still more varied.

Here are some stats from WK's sophomore season..

17.4 ppg
    10.4 rebounds per game
    3.8 blocked shots per game.
    54% shooting percentage
    59% effective shooting percentage.
    44% 3 pt shooting on 88 attempts.
    73% ft shooting.

There are no statistical weaknesses.

@brentwilson said:

@WCDawg said:

@brentwilson said:

@WCDawg said:

@brentwilson said:

@WCDawg said:

@brentwilson said:

@WCDawg said:

@brentwilson said:

No doubt you still need length in the game. He isn't some rooted low post muscle though. The kid shot 44% from 3 pt range on 88 attempts as a sophomore, that showshe can step out and shoot, he can also run the floor, has a decent handle and he blocked 3.8 shots a game, he has tons of promise as a modern front court player.