Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

My demands for DRob

2»

Comments

• DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2018

@christopherules said:

@DawgBones said:
    Holy Bovine, I've got to get back to work. All this Heart Throb for the D-Rob is making my Head Throb.

@DawgBones now THAT'S FUNNY!!

Always welcome Sir and glad it got a giggle.
    May as well try and have some chuckles while we tap our toes till Sept 1st. Then its gloves off time.
    and this time I really mean it, got to get back to work.

• BiggerBadDawgBiggerBadDawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I see a lot of opinions from a lot of people. I’m not bashing or saying anyone is right or wrong . Kids Uber talented. I’m not understanding the “video” . Humble yourself and come in , practice hard, beat out someone and earn your spot on the roster . This isn’t the 2016 football team . He has missed that rocket ship . If he leaves Carlos in Cali he can come on home and be apart of something special .

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

well D-Rob has 3 active threads here plus the Welcome Uncle Lou which is really another. So, is his major marketing? A natural.

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wow, it’s pretty amazing how ready some UGA fans are to throw their existing guys under the bus. Could care less about the receivers who’ve been here working the whole time, there for the team. Completely ready to diminish their playing time because they believe a guy from another school (that might play here only one year) is better than them.

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:
    Wow, it’s pretty amazing how ready some UGA fans are to throw their existing guys under the bus. Could care less about the receivers who’ve been here working the whole time, there for the team. Completely ready to diminish their playing time because they believe a guy from another school (that might play here only one year) is better than them.

Not bashing, but didnt you also say that we shouldnt recruit Fields because we already had Fromm?

No one is throwing anyone under the bus. The better person will play, its that simple.

• MotorCityDawgMotorCityDawg Posts: 350 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@levander said:

Do you think the existing guys agree with you I don't. If he's an asset that would help win games then they're on board IMO if he's at the pool party they will try to recruit him.

@BamaDawg said:

@levander said:

Not bashing, but didnt you also say that we shouldnt recruit Fields because we already had Fromm?

No one is throwing anyone under the bus. The better person will play, its that simple.

Yeah, but I didn’t know what the UGA coaching staff probably already knew at the time. Eason wasn’t getting his job back which meant he was probably gonna transfer.

Note we’re as deep now with elite QB’sas we were when Fields signed up. But no one’s taking seriously signing up another elite QB this year.

Before the season started, Fields actually gave an interview with Sentell saying he hopes Fromm doesn’t get too much playing time where he does well, because that would give him too much of an edge in the competition. Well, Fromm got plenty of playing time and did very well. Something else changed.

@MotorCityDawg said:

@levander said:

Do you think the existing guys agree with you I don't. If he's an asset that would help win games then they're on board IMO if he's at the pool party they will try to recruit him.

They never discuss publicly what the negative side of their feelings publicly. You’ll hear reporters start a question like, “well you are human, so you must have some feelings about...”. They’ve been taught well how to handle the media after they’re on an elite college team usually. And they transition to the iron sharpens iron bit,

I’m sure they have some frustration and some excitement about it. Exactly where those feelings start and end for each of them I don’t know exactly and would be pointless for me to try to make up something quickly to explain.

I’m sure it’s not just the receiving corp who has the frustrations. And especially Mecole has been treated like the prodigal son since he got there, so he’s probably okay with it. Probably has faith that as well as he’s been treated so far, it’ll work out for him. But I’m sure there are plenty of kids on the team frustrated with how hard they work and not seeing as many results as they hoped. Now they’re watching someone being pulled in from another school, etc.. hey, if you’re not gonna have loyalty to us, why should we... Be interesting to know what Kirby does to herd away from those feelings. It’s never talked much about publicly that I’ve seen.

• BrooklynDawgBrooklynDawg Posts: 822 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:

Nobody on here is throwing our receivers under the bus. We are simply taking in CKS mantra of iron sharpens iron through completion and bringing in the best talent that can to help us to the rings. Nothing wrong with it. We could temper our excitement of getting the kid until it happens, but this is what recruiting does in the off season. It gives us something to talk about and be excited for. Why should we not feel that way? He is elite and in his natural position ( a need) and was the #1 receiver for 2016. You don't just say bye to that. If the staff is comfortable then we should be, too. Bring him in if he wants to be a Bulldawg.

• MotorCityDawgMotorCityDawg Posts: 350 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@levander said:

@MotorCityDawg said:

@levander said:

They never discuss publicly what the negative side of their feelings publicly. You’ll hear reporters start a question like, “well you are human, so you must have some feelings about...”. They’ve been taught well how to handle the media after they’re on an elite college team usually. And they transition to the iron sharpens iron bit,

I’m sure they have some frustration and some excitement about it. Exactly where those feelings start and end for each of them I don’t know exactly and would be pointless for me to try to make up something quickly to explain.

I’m sure it’s not just the receiving corp who has the frustrations. And especially Mecole has been treated like the prodigal son since he got there, so he’s probably okay with it. Probably has faith that as well as he’s been treated so far, it’ll work out for him. But I’m sure there are plenty of kids on the team frustrated with how hard they work and not seeing as many results as they hoped. Now they’re watching someone being pulled in from another school, etc.. hey, if you’re not gonna have loyalty to us, why should we... Be interesting to know what Kirby does to herd away from those feelings. It’s never talked much about publicly that I’ve seen.

Too many assumptions about their thinking here obviously there's always a negative space for thoughts but it sounds overblown way out of proportion here iyam and theres no real way to objectively debate this without such. the loyalty is to the team organization and what helps the team organization succeed and individual success is meant to be an extension for such. Same thing with how Kirby got rid of the individual achievement dog bone insignias on the helmets. Thinking of Hardeman here after all he was wasted for a year at CB then was switched to WR he could be emo about the whole thing or his primary focus could be whatever helps the team I dont know and you dont know and its pointless to speculate either way I'm for whatever helps the team and I see DRob being an asset it doesnt mean the other guys go under the bus that's way too binary.

• judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:

This is why mark richt lasted 15 years at uga. Stop being such a **** and embrace winning

• DawgboneDawgbone Posts: 10 ✭✭ Sophomore

Uh oh Lou, Drob has a top 4 list.

• SWARLES_BARKLEYSWARLES_BARKLEY Posts: 308 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Levander wants only the minimum necessary depth at a position. Where do you want to distribute the 85 roster spots, then? Because if we didn’t recruit Fields (which was just so unfair to Fromm) then we would have ended up with another guy in another position group. What about those starters? Are they as emotionally fragile? It’s okay to make them compete? Or are we supposed to intentionally recruit lower talented guys?

What kind of fragile, spineless, selfish children do you think comprise the roster? These guys chose Georgia because of the competition with other elite talent, not despite it. You want Georgia to have an inferior roster so that whoever earns a starting job did so more comfortably. That’s the sorriest representation of the sport I can think of and flies in the face of organized athletics.

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SWARLES_BARKLEY said:
    Levander wants only the minimum necessary depth at a position. Where do you want to distribute the 85 roster spots, then? Because if we didn’t recruit Fields (which was just so unfair to Fromm) then we would have ended up with another guy in another position group. What about those starters? Are they as emotionally fragile? It’s okay to make them compete? Or are we supposed to intentionally recruit lower talented guys?

What kind of fragile, spineless, selfish children do you think comprise the roster? These guys chose Georgia because of the competition with other elite talent, not despite it. You want Georgia to have an inferior roster so that whoever earns a starting job did so more comfortably. That’s the sorriest representation of the sport I can think of and flies in the face of organized athletics.

definitely want lots of guys at every position because it forces them to be competitive and work hard in games and practices.

@SWARLES_BARKLEY said:

Swarles, your post reeks of stupidity. I got to the 3rd incorrect assumption and just stopped reading.

@judasdurant said:

@levander said:

This is why mark richt lasted 15 years at uga. Stop being such a **** and embrace winning

There’s a lot of room between what Richt did and what Kirby is doing. Kirby is closer to getting it right. But just like any way you’ll choose to do such a complicated job, there are dangers involved.

• BigDawgEatinBigDawgEatin Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BigDawgEatin Is it that you don’t think Kirby is closer than Richt to getting it right? Is it that’s you don’t think there are dangers to be wary of any way you try to coach an elite college football program? Or I am just like the 20th guy on the board you’ve decided you want to try to annoy with inane posts?