Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Matt Corral decommits from USC.....

jtdawg2020jtdawg2020 Posts: 126 ✭✭✭ Junior
edited June 2017 in General

We still going after him or has Fields let Florida know that he's all Dawg so they are moving on to Corral now???!? Who knows...........

Comments

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Corral not considering USC, now focused on Bama, UF and UGA

• ladawgladawg Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Crystal ball just went to uga

But I'd prefer we got fields.. what would be worse is fields goes to fla st and corral goes to fla..

• RetiredRedcoatRetiredRedcoat Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ladawg said:
    But I'd prefer we got fields.. what would be worse is fields goes to fla st and corral goes to fla..

Stop cussing on this board sir

@jtdawg2020 I don't think Fields has let any schools know anything for sure yet. I would MUCH rather have Fields than Corral at this point, which is no slight to Corral. He's phenomenal in his own right. But no Fields means yet another year of telling every DT QB out there that we go pro and pro only. Taking Fields over Corral is a win/win of securing a fantastic DT QB and sending a recruiting message for the future.

I agree.. I could care less if Eason is #1 pick in NFL draft if we only win 9 or 10 games.. special dual threat qb's are kryptonite to college defenses.. they can't adapt like the NFL

• daddydawg72daddydawg72 Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

At this point, I hope we can sign either one. I agree about Fields being choice # 1, but at this point I'd take either one. Looking at Corral's HS stats, he's pretty mobile, rushed for almost 800 the last 2 years combined. He's arm looks very strong, the ball flies off his hand. Go Coach Chaney!

• HiredHired Posts: 19 ✭ Freshman

Just saw a snippet from 247 sports about Matt Coral decomit from USC. People are saying he might commit to the G. Thoughts?

• TheSmartWayTheSmartWay Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It seems crazy that we're discussing which one of these young men we'd prefer - they're the #3 and the #17 players in the nation. While one may be a 9.9/10 pickup and the other a 9.8/10, I feel that either of these guys would be an immediate game-changer for the class and completely shut down QB recruiting until 2019. Really, it feels inappropriate to harp on the #3 over the #17 here.

@TheSmartWay I mean, why not have a preference? Don't get me wrong. I agree with something I read over at DawgSports: "Either way, grab the first one who commits if it comes to pass, and don’t ever look back." But by taking one, you have trade-offs to consider. Yes they're both great, and yes I think we should take the first one who commits, but Fields just puts so much more in play for Georgia than Corral does it doesn't seem close.

• amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@RetiredRedcoat said:
    @TheSmartWay I mean, why not have a preference? Don't get me wrong. I agree with something I read over at DawgSports: "Either way, grab the first one who commits if it comes to pass, and don’t ever look back." But by taking one, you have trade-offs to consider. Yes they're both great, and yes I think we should take the first one who commits, but Fields just puts so much more in play for Georgia than Corral does it doesn't seem close.

I have to agree. I wouldn't bet my life that Fields is the more talented of the two, but it would be more likely for UGA to sway other highly rated players in the southeast with a Fields commit. I'm not so sure Corral would have that same effect

• hashmarkhashmark Posts: 76 ✭✭ Sophomore

3 Words=========== Fields Fields Fields

• cliffhangercliffhanger Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think Field's commitment would be more likely to stick than Corral. Fields grew up an UGA fan and is from right down the road. I don't care really which one we sign, I just hope we sign one of them

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Corral could open West Coast connections especially with the WR out that way next year. Fields will just stick home the play for the state narrative. But continuing Pro-Style guys isnt the worst. Either or we get 3 straight QBs that are NFL talents ideally.

• Dakota_NesterDakota_Nester Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The real question is, if you get a talent like Fields, will our OC be able to tailor the offense to fit his skill set, or will we run the same style with Fromm and then when Field finally gets the reigns, we waste what's left of his eligibility trying to tweak the offense?

• moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Thelordjohnson said:
    Corral could open West Coast connections especially with the WR out that way next year. Fields will just stick home the play for the state narrative. But continuing Pro-Style guys isnt the worst. Either or we get 3 straight QBs that are NFL talents ideally.

Corral's ability to scramble as well as fake hand offs and keep it really shines through in his Hudl film. He's not a classic DT, but we shouldn't discount his ability to run.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He seems as athletic as most dual threat QB's. However, he seems to think pass first and run second, which I like. He seems able to extend plays quite well and to throw well on the move. I think if his "mentality" about the run was different (run first, throw second) he'd be looked at more like a DT.

• spradlin24spradlin24 Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He is listed on Hudl with a 4.7 40 and that is as fast as Tua that just landed at Bama as a DT QB.