Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Best RB duo in recent years

judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Best RB duo in recent years 46 votes

Michel/Chubb
95%
amjadawgsBigGAdawgDawgNutdawgnmsdawgbybirthCZCashvilleDawgmleeBobcatGradTdub0199godawgsTheSmartWayThelordjohnsonSavannahDawg1insertusernamehereSWGADAWGPigeonsPTDawgGordonBombayFunroeTxDawg412 44 votes
Gurley/Marshall
2%
Dawg19 1 vote
Knowshon/Brown
2%
judasdurant 1 vote

Comments

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Michel/Chubb

This one was easy. Take away Chubb’s injury season??? The distance would’ve only widened! DGD’s (all of these!) for life!!! GO DAWGS!!!

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Michel/Chubb

Gurley / Chubb would of been my vote

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Michel/Chubb

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

For 6 games, yes. For a career, it's Chubb/Michel.

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Michel/Chubb

Michel Chubb win but if Marshall didnt get hurt hin and Gurley had been two monsters.

• godawgsgodawgs Posts: 326 ✭✭✭ Junior
    Michel/Chubb

But I would take Gurley over any of them.

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,649 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Aside from the actual statistical advantage of Chubb/Michel...what made them unique is that BOTH were capable #1 RBs. Marshall was never going to be a #1 RB. He was a sufficient #2, but he never had the stuff to be a feature back. Same with Brown. Chubb and Michel were both able to carry the load as feature backs.

• BrooklynDawgBrooklynDawg Posts: 822 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Michel/Chubb

Gurley and Chubb would've been one of the nastiest in my opinion. The way we employ our backs now though would've been even more special with Gurley, Chubb, Marshall, and Michel. Could you imagine everyone healthy and hitting the field together throughout the game with the Payne Train leading the way? Sheesh.

• insertusernamehereinsertusernamehere Posts: 854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Michel/Chubb

Best individual back? Gurley. Best duo? Chubb/Sony, hands down.

Michel/Chubb

@pgjackson said:
    Aside from the actual statistical advantage of Chubb/Michel...what made them unique is that BOTH were capable #1 RBs. Marshall was never going to be a #1 RB. He was a sufficient #2, but he never had the stuff to be a feature back. Same with Brown. Chubb and Michel were both able to carry the load as feature backs.

Marshall was the #1 back outta HS and thrown into a gauntlet. I think without injuries his career would've arced like Michel since he was the better overall back not just the runner Gurley was. But it's a difference in perspective i guess.

• SWGADAWGSWGADAWG Posts: 248 ✭✭✭ Junior
    Michel/Chubb

I’m really looking forward to having this vote at the end of 2019 Zeus/Swift gonna be nasty

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Why was Crowell/Ealey not a choice?

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Michel/Chubb

@SWGADAWG said:
    I’m really looking forward to having this vote at the end of 2019 Zeus/Swift gonna be nasty

Hope you are correct sir.

• MotorCityDawgMotorCityDawg Posts: 350 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    Michel/Chubb

@WCDawg said:
    This shouldn't even be in question.
    How about the most prolific tandem in CFB history ?

This

• judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Knowshon/Brown

**** y'all are all sleeping on the old folks. Recency Bias!

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Michel/Chubb

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

Updating my list

1) Herschel / Carnie Noris
    2) Gurley / Chubb
    3) Sinkwich / Trippi

• UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2018
    Michel/Chubb

Michel/Chubb.....How can you not go with the best yardage tandem in SEC history?

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Michel/Chubb

@Thelordjohnson said:
    Michel Chubb win but if Marshall didnt get hurt hin and Gurley had been two monsters.

Every one talked about Marshall coming out of hs but I told my friends that TG would be the man for one reason, he ran hurdles on his track team.

Michel/Chubb

@orlando said:

@Thelordjohnson said:

Every one talked about Marshall coming out of hs but I told my friends that TG would be the man for one reason, he ran hurdles on his track team.

And he ran hurdles over opposing tacklers as well. Lol

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Michel/Chubb

@Thelordjohnson said:

@orlando said:

@Thelordjohnson said:

And he ran hurdles over opposing tacklers as well. Lol

Heck yeah he did. Robert Griffin is another outstanding hurdler.