Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Crazy Gamecock Fans

benjaminwgreggbenjaminwgregg Posts: 677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was reading the USCjr 24/7 forum, and they are convinced that they will beat us this season. Would any of their players besides Deebo even make our two deep? GO DAWGS

Comments

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I read the thread on their forum and a co-worker is a USCjr fan. It seems many fans do expect for them to cover the current 14 point spread.

Realistically, besides us... there is not another eastern team with as much talent on the roster that does have a 1st year head coach besides USCjr. I do not think we lose the game, but of all eastern opponents I am worried about, I feel they are a shoe-in for 2nd in the east

They will lose the game at the line. Their offensive line is just not up to the standards that it needs to be. The fans know it, the coaches know it, and even our staff knows it. I believe Kirby and Pittman are stealing all the decent and good offensive line recruits they can just to keep that a weak point for USCjr.

Dawgs: 34
    USCjr: 20

close game in the 3rd quarter with Dawgs pulling away

• VaBeachDawgVaBeachDawg Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dawgy10 said:
    We put 50 on them, they cant stop this train, yal can over think this if u want, kirby and the boys gonna light up columbia, book it

I’m not going so far out on the limb to predict 50 but.... last year both teams were happy to just grind it out. If SCAR really does try and play faster I think that directly correlates to more points for Fromm and the boys. I’ll going with samuel gets loose twice because he is the good, plus a random field goal. If they go up tempto we score much like in the mizzu game last year. 40+ to 17 dawgs.

@dawgy10 said:
    We put 50 on them, they cant stop this train, yal can over think this if u want, kirby and the boys gonna light up columbia, book it

I truly do hope you are right, but if I had to give 30 points on the game against USCjr then I wouldnt put money on the line

• dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think a lot of that confidence comes from how last year game went. I think their fan and some players think they are close and that could be true or completely false as well. We won’t know until season starts what either team will have. I think this is the statement game of 2018 so Dawgs 35 fried chicken 7

• ugaforeverugaforever Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Gamecock fan= Delusion. An idiosyncratic belief or impression that is firmly maintained despite being contradicted by what is generally accepted as reality or rational argument, typically a symptom of mental disorder.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PharmDawg2054 said:
    I read the thread on their forum and a co-worker is a USCjr fan. It seems many fans do expect for them to cover the current 14 point spread.

Realistically, besides us... there is not another eastern team with as much talent on the roster that does have a 1st year head coach besides USCjr. I do not think we lose the game, but of all eastern opponents I am worried about, I feel they are a shoe-in for 2nd in the east

They will lose the game at the line. Their offensive line is just not up to the standards that it needs to be. The fans know it, the coaches know it, and even our staff knows it. I believe Kirby and Pittman are stealing all the decent and good offensive line recruits they can just to keep that a weak point for USCjr.

@PharmDawg2054 agree sir. Tough opponent needs to be beaten to a pulp over the course of four quarters. I believe the term used for that these days is called “crock-potting.” That’ll be what is necessary in this case. A proud (but outmatched) USCjr team that will wear out with a beating at the line of scrimmage.

@christopherules said:

@PharmDawg2054 said:

@PharmDawg2054 agree sir. Tough opponent needs to be beaten to a pulp over the course of four quarters. I believe the term used for that these days is called “crock-potting.” That’ll be what is necessary in this case. A proud (but outmatched) USCjr team that will wear out with a beating at the line of scrimmage.

I think it was mentioned before on here, but how many players does USCjr have that if they all transferred to UGA right now that would start? maybe 2-3? Dawgs will have more talent, they will have home field advantage.

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PharmDawg2054 said:

@christopherules said:

@PharmDawg2054 said:

I think it was mentioned before on here, but how many players does USCjr have that if they all transferred to UGA right now that would start? maybe 2-3? Dawgs will have more talent, they will have home field advantage.

Not to take anything away from Deebo- he is great, but if he was competing for a job against Cinco, Mecole, Ridley, and DRob he may not stand out quite so much.
    Looking at their roster, I'm not sure many others would crack two deep. Maybe Zack Bailey, but we've got (literally) a ton of young OL talent. Maybe Kinlaw or Wonnum on DL, Brunson at LB, Fenton at CB... but I think they'd be second stringers if not third.
    Georgia is SO much more talented than any other team in the east; I don't think some of us are used to it... yet.

• ColaDawg86ColaDawg86 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As I live in Columbia, gamecock fans can't keep Georgia out of their mouth. Quite a lot of them believe they will win. Then a few believe Georgia will win but won't cover the spread. There is noway this game is close. These next few seasons will be the most talent from top down Georgia has ever had. The depth that Kirby is building is unbelievable. It's going to be one enjoyable ride.

Y’all’s predictions warm my heart. It actually would be nice to see a Georgia blowout win over USCjr. GO DAWGS!!!

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just wondering, how's their defense looking? Did they lose anyone of importance? I don't see them holding up to our @christopherules "Great wall of GA." Can't wait for Big Ben to lean on em too lol. Don't think he got to face em last year. If we can block out the noise and put horse blinders on to those stu-pid swirling white towels in the crowd, we walk out victorious.

• PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I will say that this game being so early in the year is to their advantage, particularly against our D. We will be very talented but inexperienced on D early on. Right at this minute, I foresee a game similar to last season. They try to keep it close but we just wear them down. I know we had Godwin's fumble at about the 5 last season but did anyone really feel like that game was in jeopardy last season? I see Dawgs 31-17.

@greygoose01 they’re fundamentally sound. HC Will Mushcamp is a former UGA linebacker, & a friend of Kirby Smart, & he actually is a good coach. My opinion is one of their only strengths is a solid DL (not nearly up to UGA’s OL), but outside of either the BARN, or Bama? Probably the best DL that Georgia will face all season long. They’ll just have to be “crock-potted” .... wherein Georgia’s offense just constantly pounds their defense’s & Georgia’s defense relentlessly hammers their offense until all of the South Carolina players bodies, minds, hearts, & souls have been turned into dust for four full quarters of a beating, until their “will to fight back” is completely broken down by the game’s ending, & physically they have nothing left to give. It will take Georgia HAVING TO beat them all down. That’s just IMO.

• njdawg81njdawg81 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This is a game where the new team leaders will need to step up. That stadium will be rocking at the start and if USCjr gets an early lead it will get worse. Weather the storm and wear them out!

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This will be their 2nd game of the season as well, as someone pointed out a long time ago. they also lost a good # of players off of last year's squad. This "2nd game thing" might be a wash.

• dawgbybirthdawgbybirth Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We will respect South Carolina and give them our max attention and effort. This game if it close not a suprise to anyone , if we blow them out notice served , we are not going anywhere, and they standard is being kept as a championship caliber team.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:
    This will be their 2nd game of the season as well, as someone pointed out a long time ago. they also lost a good # of players off of last year's squad. This "2nd game thing" might be a wash.

Exactly, South Carolina returns the same amount of defensive starters as UGA does. Both return the same amount of starters overall, 8 on offense and 5 on defense. It'll all come down to execution and tuning out the crowd.

• BigGAdawgBigGAdawg Posts: 575 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@christopherules said:

@PharmDawg2054 said:

You just set my menu for this game--wings during the game and crock-pot chicken stew for dinner after the game.

@BigGAdawg that’s funny sir!!! & it’s also a great call!!! No one should watch the DAWGS kicking a$$ on an empty stomach!