Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Yup, one more(Fields)

Comments

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bankwalker said:

@scooterdawg said:

@Bankwalker said:
    In that case he should absolutely be granted a waiver to be eligible immediately - IN BASEBALL.

He's transferring because he is the backup and everyone in the World knows he is transferring because he is the backup. You can't legitimately argue that you need to transfer because you don't feel welcome on the baseball team because of someone who isn't on the baseball team, especially when you haven't ever been on the baseball team to actually experience what you perceive to be allegedly being alleged in order to gain eligibility in a different sport. It's ridiculous, and abusive.

Either way, UGA football is going to be just fine.

He's also not that great of a baseball prospect. Scouts report says, "hand hitch load, tends to be late getting his hands moving forward, has late bat speed and can impact the ball hard when on time. "

I’m with ya on the baseball stuff. I’ll admit that I wasn’t following recruiting too closely last year. I certainly knew JF was a top football prospect but I initially thought they were talking out of their asses and had to google Justin Fields and baseball. There were a few stories about slight interest from scouts but nothing like the Oklahoma kid.

But in the screwed up logic of the NCAA I can see them giving in on it as the path of least resistance. They don’t want the racial headlines to go any further than Georgia does. Blame it on one guy who’s gone, let Fields play next year, and it pretty much goes away without a lot of fuss.

Sounds like Pablo may have had legal advice earlier than last week.

Yet he stayed 3 full months longer and nothing else has happened. Nobody on the baseball team has done anything. Fields didn’t do anything to cause him to get kicked out of school. He would be alleging that the baseball team is racist even though the other players have not done anything to support the claim. Bogus. Im sure they do expect him to be eligible but the facts do not support his case.

The supposed racist would still be Sasser. And this racist was allowed to play on the baseball team for 3 years. But now he’s been kicked off said team because of an incident with Justin. So because of the racially hostile environment UGA allowed to fester, Justin is not comfortable going to play baseball with this racist’s former friends. You don’t have to accuse the other baseball players of being racist. Just accuse them of being friends with Sasser.

That’s one way you could work the argument. There are others.

The act that the university kicked Sasser off the team establishes what Sasser did as so reprehensible, the school couldn’t tolerate his participation any more. So a lawyer wouldn’t have to bother with establishing there is a racially hostile environment. The school has said that about themselves with their actions. The lawyer just has to show how that affects Justin.

• Options
    YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:

@Bankwalker said:

@scooterdawg said:

@Bankwalker said:
    In that case he should absolutely be granted a waiver to be eligible immediately - IN BASEBALL.

He's transferring because he is the backup and everyone in the World knows he is transferring because he is the backup. You can't legitimately argue that you need to transfer because you don't feel welcome on the baseball team because of someone who isn't on the baseball team, especially when you haven't ever been on the baseball team to actually experience what you perceive to be allegedly being alleged in order to gain eligibility in a different sport. It's ridiculous, and abusive.

He's also not that great of a baseball prospect. Scouts report says, "hand hitch load, tends to be late getting his hands moving forward, has late bat speed and can impact the ball hard when on time. "

I’m with ya on the baseball stuff. I’ll admit that I wasn’t following recruiting too closely last year. I certainly knew JF was a top football prospect but I initially thought they were talking out of their asses and had to google Justin Fields and baseball. There were a few stories about slight interest from scouts but nothing like the Oklahoma kid.

But in the screwed up logic of the NCAA I can see them giving in on it as the path of least resistance. They don’t want the racial headlines to go any further than Georgia does. Blame it on one guy who’s gone, let Fields play next year, and it pretty much goes away without a lot of fuss.

Yet he stayed 3 full months longer and nothing else has happened. Nobody on the baseball team has done anything. Fields didn’t do anything to cause him to get kicked out of school. He would be alleging that the baseball team is racist even though the other players have not done anything to support the claim. Bogus. Im sure they do expect him to be eligible but the facts do not support his case.

The supposed racist would still be Sasser. And this racist was allowed to play on the baseball team for 3 years. But now he’s been kicked off said team because of an incident with Justin. So because of the racially hostile environment UGA allowed to fester, Justin is not comfortable going to play baseball with this racist’s former friends. You don’t have to accuse the other baseball players of being racist. Just accuse them of being friends with Sasser.

The act that the university kicked Sasser off the team establishes what Sasser did as so reprehensible, the school couldn’t tolerate his participation any more. So a lawyer wouldn’t have to bother with establishing there is a racially hostile environment. The school has said that about themselves with their actions. The lawyer just has to show how that affects Justin.

No, it shows UGA doesn't tolerate the actions of the individual. A frat kid was punished by the university for brandishing a gun at a party on campus. Does that mean the university is admitting it has a violent environment? No, it shows it won't tolerate violent individuals.

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:

@Bankwalker said:

@scooterdawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

That's all fine and dandy, except he isnt currently playing baseball(which of course we all know). If he now wants to play baseball then grant him the waiver for baseball but not football. Name one case where anyone has ever successfully argued they should be allowed to play immediately in one sport at another school because of something that happened involving a sport they werent playing but "think" they would like to play. Whoever reviews his case is going to know he was the backup in the sport for which he is requesting the waiver, and that his hypothetical argument about not feeling comfortable playing baseball is bogus and TOTALLY unrelated to his playing football It is also a really insulting insinuation to say, "Well I am not currently on the team but I "feel" that the other members of the team will harbor resentment regarding the loss of their fellow racist teammate. He cant argue they have treated him poorly. He can only argue he is worried they might treat him poorly. Doesn't work that way. At least it isnt supposed to work that way. The proposed argument doesnt pass the silly ****.

• Options

9> @YaleDawg said:

@levander said:

@Bankwalker said:

@scooterdawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

No, it shows UGA doesn't tolerate the actions of the individual. A frat kid was punished by the university for brandishing a gun at a party on campus. Does that mean the university is admitting it has a violent environment? No, it shows it won't tolerate violent individuals.

Your Yale educated argument left out how severe the punishment was, and whether or not this “brandishing” was part of a threat against another student.

The simple analogy you’ve given has a hundred different possibilities for answers.t8s just not worth the time to go into.

• Options
    edited December 2018

@Bankwalker said:

@levander said:

@Bankwalker said:

@scooterdawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

That's all fine and dandy, except he isnt currently playing baseball(which of course we all know). If he now wants to play baseball then grant him the waiver for baseball but not football. Name one case where anyone has ever successfully argued they should be allowed to play immediately in one sport at another school because of something that happened involving a sport they werent playing but "think" they would like to play. Whoever reviews his case is going to know he was the backup in the sport for which he is requesting the waiver, and that his hypothetical argument about not feeling comfortable playing baseball is bogus and TOTALLY unrelated to his playing football It is also a really insulting insinuation to say, "Well I am not currently on the team but I "feel" that the other members of the team will harbor resentment regarding the loss of their fellow racist teammate. He cant argue they have treated him poorly. He can only argue he is worried they might treat him poorly. Doesn't work that way. At least it isnt supposed to work that way. The proposed argument doesnt pass the silly ****.

it’s entirely natural for someone to harbor ill feelings when a friend of there’s is unjustly punished. And if you noticed, Justin didn’t say much about the whole incident. He could have spoken in favor of Sasser, he decided not to.

And I’m not familiar with the NCAA’s covenants. No idea if you have to prove your case for a specific sport or a specific school. I just know that the “Justin wanna play baseball” argument is far better than the “Just couldn’t hear it at the time, but later he found out” argument.

• Options
    YK_DAWG24YK_DAWG24 Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Does a (god-forbid) injury to Fromm in the sugar bowl and a good performance by Fields change or effects his decision to stay or leave?

• Options

@YK_DAWG24 said:
    Does a (god-forbid) injury to Fromm in the sugar bowl and a good performance by Fields change or effects his decision to stay or leave?

What you’re talking about may have been a part of what was behind that 4th and 11 fake punt call. Trying to make a hero out of Justin.

I kind of imagine it!s too late for that now though.

• Options

@levander said:

@YK_DAWG24 said:

What you’re talking about may have been a part of what was behind that 4th and 11 fake punt call. Trying to make a hero out of Justin.

CKS has done so many things right, it's blowing my mind how wrong he handle fields this whole season. I'm still encouraged about our future, but still bummed cuz the season isn't over and it's happening now

• Options

@YK_DAWG24 said:

@levander said:

@YK_DAWG24 said:

CKS has done so many things right, it's blowing my mind how wrong he handle fields this whole season. I'm still encouraged about our future, but still bummed cuz the season isn't over and it's happening now

CKS isn’t perfect. But he still has my full support.

I do wonder if he’s too aggressive in recruiting. I came out against both the recruitment of Justin Fields and D-Rob, I can’t really say I got the Justin Fields recruitment right though, because I switched my opinion after Eason left.

• Options

@levander said:

@YK_DAWG24 said:

@levander said:

@YK_DAWG24 said:

CKS isn’t perfect. But he still has my full support.

I do wonder if he’s too aggressive in recruiting. I came out against both the recruitment of Justin Fields and D-Rob, I can’t really say I got the Justin Fields recruitment right though, because I switched my opinion after Eason left.

Oh yeah of course cks has my full support. The recruiting wins and on field success speaks for itself. I don't want him to change his recruiting tactics but I see your point. Hopefully over recruiting doesn't back fire. The sooner we win the less I see that as a problem.

• Options
    YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:
    9> @YaleDawg said:

@levander said:

@Bankwalker said:

@scooterdawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

Your Yale educated argument left out how severe the punishment was, and whether or not this “brandishing” was part of a threat against another student.

The simple analogy you’ve given has a hundred different possibilities for answers.t8s just not worth the time to go into.

It doesnt matter though it just highlights this ridiculous notion that punishing an individual is some sort of acknowledgment of endemic racism. By not punishing sasser does it mean UGA isn't racist? I think most people would come to the opposite conclusion if that happened.

• Options

@YaleDawg said:

@levander said:
    9> @YaleDawg said:

@levander said:

@Bankwalker said:

@scooterdawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

It doesnt matter though it just highlights this ridiculous notion that punishing an individual is some sort of acknowledgment of endemic racism. By not punishing sasser does it mean UGA isn't racist? I think most people would come to the opposite conclusion if that happened.

You don’t have to prove “endemic” to the NCAA. Nor was that what I was trying to get at. “racially hostile environment” that I used is terminology people have been throwing around as what the NCAA calls it. And just from reading various articles around the Internet, not from personal expertise with NCAA bylaws, you don’t have to prove it’s endemic to prove it’s racially hostile. The NCAA interpretation of that is supposedly pretty broad. Admitting you had a kid so bad you had to kick him off your team seems to me admission you violated a broad interpretation of “racially hostile”.

• Options
    TMazz2009TMazz2009 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2018

@levander said:

@YK_DAWG24 said:

Worst call ever....put in a guy that panics on every drop back in the most critical play of the season. For it to work, Dawgs had to at least show the formation throughout the game while still punting.

But this was done in a last ditch effort to include Fields. Kirby has been massaging this for a while. It had to be like an irritating pimple on his back just out of his reach that he finally had popped.

But at the end of the day, Kirby has surpassed every expectation of mine. I can respect that sort of aggressiveness. Play to win and let the chips fall where they may.

• Options

@levander said:

@YaleDawg said:

@levander said:
    9> @YaleDawg said:

@levander said:

@Bankwalker said:

@scooterdawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

You don’t have to prove “endemic” to the NCAA. Nor was that what I was trying to get at. “racially hostile environment” that I used is terminology people have been throwing around as what the NCAA calls it. And just from reading various articles around the Internet, not from personal expertise with NCAA bylaws, you don’t have to prove it’s endemic to prove it’s racially hostile. The NCAA interpretation of that is supposedly pretty broad. Admitting you had a kid so bad you had to kick him off your team seems to me admission you violated a broad interpretation of “racially hostile”.

Is there an actual section in the NCAA bylaws on transferring from a racially hostile environment? You imply that you have read one. If so, do you mind linking that section up? Regardless, one student involved with one incident will never meet that bar. I wouldnt be surprised to learn that many, many student athletes have previously tried to play this card with the NCAA. Think about how often we see the tacic abused in everyday life. This would certainly not be the first time the argument would be presented to the NCAA.
    I find the idea that his case is unique to be laughable. The way this works is that once such a one-off incident was successfully used to gain immediate eligibility, word would spread and then bigotry would be the #1 reason kids list for transferring schools.

• Options

@Bankwalker said:

@levander said:

@YaleDawg said:

@levander said:
    9> @YaleDawg said:

@levander said:

@Bankwalker said:

@scooterdawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

Is there an actual section in the NCAA bylaws on transferring from a racially hostile environment? You imply that you have read one. If so, do you mind linking that section up? Regardless, one student involved with one incident will never meet that bar. I wouldnt be surprised to learn that many, many student athletes have previously tried to play this card with the NCAA. Think about how often we see the tacic abused in everyday life. This would certainly not be the first time the argument would be presented to the NCAA.
    I find the idea that his case is unique to be laughable. The way this works is that once such a one-off incident was successfully used to gain immediate eligibility, word would spread and then bigotry would be the #1 reason kids list for transferring schools.

Bankwalker, you’re not even reading what you’re responding to are you? I specifically say in there I have no personal expertise with NCAA bylaws.

• Options
    edited December 2018

@levander said:

@Bankwalker said:

@levander said:

@YaleDawg said:

@levander said:
    9> @YaleDawg said:

@levander said:

@Bankwalker said:

@scooterdawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

Bankwalker, you’re not even reading what you’re responding to are you? I specifically say in there I have no personal expertise with NCAA bylaws.

No, I am reading what I am responding to. YOU are trying to say what threshold is or isnt necessary. My point in asking was to bait you in to admitting that you are just talking out your ass. Your source is literally just crapola you have read on the internet.

Your opinion on this is about as sound as the one where you suggest Kirby should stop recruiting highly rated players once he has another enrolled on campus. Total nonsense.

• Options

@Bankwalker said:

@levander said:

@Bankwalker said:

@levander said:

@YaleDawg said:

@levander said:
    9> @YaleDawg said:

@levander said:

@Bankwalker said:

@scooterdawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

No, I am reading what I am responding to. YOU are trying to say what threshold is or isnt necessary. My point in asking was to bait you in to admitting that you are just talking out your ass. Your source is literally just crapola you have read on the internet.

Your opinion on this is about as sound as the one where you suggest Kirby should stop recruiting highly rated players once he has another enrolled on campus. Total nonsense.

Boy it’s been awhile since I’ve able to so easily get under someone’s skin. I miss the good ole days.

Good job baiting me into saying something I already said.

• Options

@levander said:

@Bankwalker said:

@levander said:

@Bankwalker said:

@levander said:

@YaleDawg said:

@levander said:
    9> @YaleDawg said:

@levander said:

@Bankwalker said:

@scooterdawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

Boy it’s been awhile since I’ve able to so easily get under someone’s skin. I miss the good ole days.

Actually, you have no idea. Ive been resisting the urge to point out your consistently flawed logic and short bus comprehension for several months.

• Options

@Bankwalker said:

@levander said:

@Bankwalker said:

@levander said:

@Bankwalker said:

@levander said:

@YaleDawg said:

@levander said:
    9> @YaleDawg said:

@levander said:

@Bankwalker said:

@scooterdawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

Actually, you have no idea. Ive been resisting the urge to point out your consistently flawed logic and short bus comprehension for several months.

Okay, that’s cool. But I think you’ll find if you want to learn from me, you’ll learn a lot more if you can narrow your post down to the essence of what you disagree with. If you’re not willing to do that work on your own, I’ve found those people don’t learn nearly as much as those who do. Your post I’m now responding to you did a good job with, you narrowed it down to two sentences. That was good.

• Options
    HunkerDown1MoreTimeHunkerDown1MoreTime Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@YK_DAWG24 said:

Hes staying either way