Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Yup, one more(Fields)

1235»

Comments

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PerroGrande said:

@Bankwalker said:

@TMazz2009 said:

@mattmd2 said:

@BigDawgHuntin said:

@mattmd2 said:

@HunkerDown1MoreTime said:

@BigDawgHuntin said:

@GrayDawg said:

@TMazz2009 said:

@YK_DAWG24 said:
    Does a (god-forbid) injury to Fromm in the sugar bowl and a good performance by Fields change or effects his decision to stay or leave?

Hes staying either way

Even if you disagree with him....you have to LOVE Hunkerdown.

No way this dude is married. He is waaayyy too stubborn....maybe divorced 3 times....or has millions because no one has married him and took half his stuff.

Reminds me of the role William Shatner played in Boston Legal....awesome

Married and divorced with 1 daughter. I stand by mom thoughts , Fields staying

My thoughts

Do you have insider knowledge on this?

No , its just my gut feeling , i honestly believe he is staying. I wish i had inside knowledge on it

Hunker- while I do appreciate your steadfastness, explain why you feel so strongly. It’s either 1) you think Fields is better than Fromm and will win the starting position 2) you anticipate a Fromm injury (which is yet to keep him out of the lineup in the last two years) or 3) you are looking at him to lead in 2020 or 2021. If he stays- he most likely backs up Fromm and gets random (and untimely) snaps, which continues his own frustration. Not only does this stunt his growth- if messes with Fromm’s reps, and even potentially divides the team, coaching staff and Dawg fans for another year. I’m all about what’s best for my Dawgs- but have trouble seeing the benefits after witnessing what went down this past year.

I already explained this , no of course i DONT think he is better than Fromm. I think imo Fields stays and redshirts in 2019 behind Fromm , then Fromm leaves for the draft and Fields has 3 full years and takes over in 2020 when Fromm is gone. Just my gut feeling and my opinion. Fromm is definately our starter next year and could be in 2020 if he doesnt enter draft

I for one will agree with you. I think bringing in Mathis and Bennett is our security blanket which allows Fields to redshirt and be our guy in 2020 when Fromm goes pro. Transferring without a waiver (which I don’t think he’ll get) makes transferring pointless. Why sit a year and then compete somewhere else when he can do that where he is, plus play in 4 games next year on a chamionship caliber team.

Would agree with you both IF Fields were to redshirt next year. That’s a big “if”.

Want your opinion on this - was/is JF1 considering transferring because he thinks he is better than Fromm and should be playing now, or because game recognizes game, and he realizes he will never be QB1 as long as JF11 is here?

I think he’s considering it bc people are telling him he’s better than JF11, but deep down I believe he recognizes JF11 is a baller and it’s a closer call than his supporters will admit. So short version is I think his family/supporters want him to transfer more than he himself does. This is why I agree with @HunkerDown1MoreTime that he finds a way to stay that works out for all.

Neither of those imo. I believe Fields is looking for a transfer because he doesn't think he is making strides as a QB. He doesn't have confidence in this staff to help him get better and more prepared for the NFL.

And if you watch his film from week 1 til now, then you will see a QB making the same mistakes over and over. Heck even on many of his completions, the ball came out a second or two late. So he may have a case....either they can't help him develop or he has work ethic problem. A kid that athletically talented should have shown a tremendous amount of growth in that time frame.

And if I am right, and I am pretty sure I am, then he is leaving within a few days after the bowl game.

I expect him to leave, but when he does the decision doesn’t prove your coaching theory right. Has Jake Fromm improved?

What is the difference between practice and a game? Intensity.

When Kirby said Fields looks good in practice he also understands that might not translate to game situations if the kid has problems handling pressure. Fromm has been handling intense pressure situations since he was twelve in the little league World Series. That’s one of those intangibles people talk about that hopefully Fields will develop if he stays. That can’t be coached. It’s gained with exposure and not everyone will blossom.

Well said, but Fields isn't getting much love from a few of our fans here that don't like his play. First, playing anywhere as a TF is tough; playing against the top Ds in the nation is much harder. Fromm really struggled against the good Ds late in the year in 2017, and he had a million more reps than Fields. Go back and look at Auburn 1 if you want to see a deer in the headlights! Fields' quickness to take off also had some strong positives: he is a great runner and was ripping Ds apart when he took off, and he was very cautious in protecting the ball, the one thing his coaches told him would get him benched (if he didn't take care of it.) He didn't throw any pics and he didn't force throws, something even JF11 did as a TF. I would defer to Kirby, and I agree with him--UGA has two really good QBs. I would say, potentially and the way I'm leaning--two great QBs. I think both will be in the Heisman talk at the appropriate time.

Right on. There were moments in the SECCG this year that Fromm felt the pressure and made horrible throws, so he's not immune. Early last year Fromm was bailed out by his wrs on some throws that terribly forced, so a very fair assessment of Fields. Id guess the really strong Fields haters are also among the worst Richt haters. With us or against us, right? (There are exceptions)

• Options
    dawgitimafandawgitimafan Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Appear to be staying at the same hotel here in Huntington Beach as Ohio State is for the Rose bowl, if I corner that QB in the hot tub I'll ask him how he feels about Fields transferring lol

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dawgitimafan said:
    Appear to be staying at the same hotel here in Huntington Beach as Ohio State is for the Rose bowl, if I corner that QB in the hot tub I'll ask him how he feels about Fields transferring lol

Ask him if he is transferring too.

• Options
    mRNAmRNA Posts: 27 ✭✭ Sophomore

@dawgitimafan said:

• Options
    mRNAmRNA Posts: 27 ✭✭ Sophomore

That’s creepy

• Options
    IwantNakobeIwantNakobe Posts: 286 ✭✭✭ Junior

If Haskins stays fields stays it’s that simplr

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dawgitimafan said:

Please report on your conversation. I'd love to hear about it!!