Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Is departing Grayson coach taking a shot at Watson?

MIghtydawgMIghtydawg Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

https://www.ajc.com/blog/high-school-sports/grayson-football-coach-hunnicutt-resigns/m327w0H8QZmsQwvRwU4LvI/

As Hunnicutt is on his way out the door, he praises the administration, the AD and the booster club but talks about how difficult the job is because of "outside influences". This has to be directed a chief trouble maker Coach Watson.

Comments

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2019
  • Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Grayson runs through coaches like crap through a goose.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MIghtydawg said:
    https://www.ajc.com/blog/high-school-sports/grayson-football-coach-hunnicutt-resigns/m327w0H8QZmsQwvRwU4LvI/

As Hunnicutt is on his way out the door, he praises the administration, the AD and the booster club but talks about how difficult the job is because of "outside influences". This has to be directed a chief trouble maker Coach Watson.

Sounds like a shot to me.

• Options
    SaltDawg1515SaltDawg1515 Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophomore

I dont know the inside scoop on Grayson HS and it's relationship to UGA. From reading other comments on this and other forums, it seems like there is an anti-UGA sentiment. Will someone please shed some light on this? Much appreciated

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SaltDawg1515 said:
    I dont know the inside scoop on Grayson HS and it's relationship to UGA. From reading other comments on this and other forums, it seems like there is an anti-UGA sentiment. Will someone please shed some light on this? Much appreciated

KS was there yesterday and had a photo taken with some Grayson "people". Don't know who they were but he's apparently still choppin' wood there. One good catch from there and maybe we'll be seen differently there by the players and their handler(s). I admire his stick-to-it-ness.

• Options
    MIghtydawgMIghtydawg Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2019

@donm said:

@SaltDawg1515 said:

KS was there yesterday and had a photo taken with some Grayson "people". Don't know who they were but he's apparently still choppin' wood there. One good catch from there and maybe we'll be seen differently there by the players and their handler(s). I admire his stick-to-it-ness.

The picture was other coaches from Louisville and Tennessee. Louisville coach was Bryan Brown and Tennessee coach was Chris Rumph.

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SaltDawg1515 said:

I tend to be very cynical of statements like this. I know some high school educators and coaches. They tend to take the stance that any school willing to offer a scholarship and betterment of one of their students is A Okay by them. But then again, there are prideful morons everywhere so...