Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

America's next great tennis player..

WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's been a long time since The US has produced a great player not named Williams, I think one is emerging now.

17 year old New Jersey native Amanda Anisimova moves a lot like a young Steffi Graf and she has explosive shot making ability. I'm predicting she'll be the best female player in the world in the relatively near future.

Comments

  • JoeClarkJoeClark Posts: 80 ✭✭✭ Junior

    I haven’t seen her play but it looks like she’ll be battling Sharapova if she wins the next round. I’ll check her out.

  • WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @JoeClark said:
    I haven’t seen her play but it looks like she’ll be battling Sharapova if she wins the next round. I’ll check her out.

    Sharapova never had this girl's wheels or racket speed. She is just 17 years old though, so she might not be quite mentally prepared to be consistent.
    Long term you just have to hope she's like Graf and stays lean, too many women tennis players carry more weight than is optimal.

  • TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Sloane Stephens was supposed to be this as well, hopefully this one can find that desire and consistency required to be great. I think we have basically given up on the men's side.

  • WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @TNDawg71 said:
    Sloane Stephens was supposed to be this as well, hopefully this one can find that desire and consistency required to be great. I think we have basically given up on the men's side.

    I think Nick Bollettieri has been behind what The Europeans are doing for 15 years and nobody has really stepped in to lead the way in recruiting and training on the men's side. We're not producing complete skill sets.

  • donmdonm Posts: 8,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @WCDawg said:
    It's been a long time since The US has produced a great player not named Williams, I think one is emerging now.

    17 year old New Jersey native Amanda Anisimova moves a lot like a young Steffi Graf and she has explosive shot making ability. I'm predicting she'll be the best female player in the world in the relatively near future.

    With that name I wonder if she transferred here from some Eastern European country and gained citizenship. I don't doubt your prediction - that just sounds like a tennis last name.

Sign In or Register to comment.