Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

AAF - Any Thoughts on It?

2»

Comments

• Midnite_TrainMidnite_Train Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2019

@Kasey said:

@VaBeachDawg said:

@SpikedDawg said:

@Teddy said:

I'm not necessarily excited, but glad there's football in the off-season.

My main question I suppose is do you think it will last? I hope it does because the off-season is absolutely dreadful for those who don't really enjoy baseball or etcetera.

It’s not really built to compete with the NFL, the regionalizing of talent is a fantastic idea IMHO (for example, the ATL and Birmingham teams have several memorable collage players) and the rules are designed to favor the offense so there should be plenty of scoring. Sounds like a lot of fun to me.

So long as it doesn't try to compete with the NFL, and they put a good product out there they should be fine. I think there is space for a second league that plays in the spring that can help develop players who aren't yet good enough to play in the NFL

I think the ultimate goal is for this to be successful enough to be picked up by the NFL, for a NBA D-league type of situation.

• VaBeachDawgVaBeachDawg Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Midnite_Train said:

@Kasey said:

@VaBeachDawg said:

@SpikedDawg said:

@Teddy said:

I'm not necessarily excited, but glad there's football in the off-season.

My main question I suppose is do you think it will last? I hope it does because the off-season is absolutely dreadful for those who don't really enjoy baseball or etcetera.

It’s not really built to compete with the NFL, the regionalizing of talent is a fantastic idea IMHO (for example, the ATL and Birmingham teams have several memorable collage players) and the rules are designed to favor the offense so there should be plenty of scoring. Sounds like a lot of fun to me.

So long as it doesn't try to compete with the NFL, and they put a good product out there they should be fine. I think there is space for a second league that plays in the spring that can help develop players who aren't yet good enough to play in the NFL

I think the ultimate goal is for this to be successful enough to be picked up by the NFL, for a NBA D-league type of situation.

That’s an interesting thought. It’s a way to make the football “season” longer but without requiring players to actually play any more football than they are now.

• UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2019

@Teddy said:
    No clue if it lasts, but if I had to guess, I'd say no it will not last. Purely speculating of course.

Well...odds are, it won't. There's never been an alternative league that did last. Well...except for the old AFL, which eventually merged with the NFL.

But....nothing since 1970.