Home DawgNation 5-star Chef Zone
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Hey, Kelly B. I'ts National Croissant Day!

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As we in North Central Florida continue to battle this arctic type weather, who wouldn't love a nice croissant or two. Any favorite types of croissants out there in Dawg Nation?

Comments

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh buddy, I love a good croissant. Sometimes, I live on the wild side and wrap a grilled hotdog in them. It’s like a full size pig in the blanket.... game day type food. If you want to two step with the devil, you can also make some hot rotel style cheese dip and dip the pigs. Talk about living good

I really have no idea what this called, but take some chopped chicken and cheese rolled up in a croissant. Topped with cream of mushroom, more cheese (bacon if you want) and cook. I’m sure I’m missing a few things but it’s really good. Top 5 for meals.

Stuffed jalapeños poppers wrapped with bacon and croissants. Hit the grill and then enjoy

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have almost no experience with the topic, but I am American, so there is that. Croissants are great plain (with butter). I have really enjoyed them when stuffed with a sweet filling (various types, fruit, nuts and cinnamon, like that) or drizzled with chocolate and nuts. Or chocolate and nuts filling.

I have had them in "breakfast form", as the holder of eggs and sausage/bacon/ham, etc. Croissants ought to be part of everyone's cuisine.

• ColumboColumbo Posts: 283 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

No Croissants for me, standard police doughnuts and coffee, black!

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

I prefer a fresh baked one. I was in Montreal at their farmer's market and had one of the best I've ever tasted. I also just love any bread product as well

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate