Home DawgNation 5-star Chef Zone
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Peanuts in Coke

JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited January 2019 in DawgNation 5-star Chef Zone

Wife sent this to me. Apparently, it’s a trendy thing now. Been doing this since I was young. Tell me I’m not the only one

And she thought I was crazy

https://12tomatoes.com/peanuts-in-coke/?utm_source=glp-wgod&utm_medium=social-fb&utm_content=link&utm_campaign=peanuts-in-coke

Comments

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As far as I know this is something that's been around way longer than I have. I turn 56 years old later on this spring. Open them up, put them in the Coke.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As far as I know this is something that's been around way longer than I have. I turn 56 years old later on this spring. Open them up, put them in the Coke.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kids nowadays... guess if they’re picking this habit up then we may be ok

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JRT812 said:
    Wife sent this to me. Apparently, it’s a trendy thing now. Been doing this since I was young. Tell me I’m not the only one

And she thought I was crazy

https://12tomatoes.com/peanuts-in-coke/?utm_source=glp-wgod&utm_medium=social-fb&utm_content=link&utm_campaign=peanuts-in-coke

been doing it longer than Barbara Mandrell - since at least 1949 for me.

• Tdub0199Tdub0199 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Been doing it for many years (Since the 70's), also pretty good with a Dr. Pepper....

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Never heard of this

• DawgforeverDawgforever Posts: 291 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm 43 and done it growing up. It's soooooo good. Watch out we're starting to tell our ages. Kids these days will just say "coke and peanuts? That's just nasty" lol

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In grade school in the 60s emptying a pack of salted goobers into a 10 oz bottle of cokey cola was very common.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2019

@Dawgforever said:
    I'm 43 and done it growing up. It's soooooo good. Watch out we're starting to tell our ages. Kids these days will just say "coke and peanuts? That's just nasty" lol

Maybe we are telling our ages. I’m 32 and have been doing it since my grandfather gave me one. Looking at the article some are doing it wrong. My 1yr old son will only partake in this act after a hards day work with a glass bottle coke on his rocker next to mine hahaha

• DawgforeverDawgforever Posts: 291 ✭✭✭ Junior

@JRT812 🤣 That's great. The glass bottle makes it better

• Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dr. Pepper and peanuts is my fav

• RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Did it with bottled coke. Also cans but peanuts are a little harder to get out especially when coke is about gone

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2019

Peanuts in beer > peanuts in soft drinks

I frequently add a dash of salt to my beer. Something I picked up from my Papaw.

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We weren't allowed to go in the water to swim for an hour after eating. You'd get stomach cramps and die they said. Little did they know we ate a bag of peanuts in every Coca-Cola.

So, this is a "new" thing?

Go, Dawgs!

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bankwalker said:
    Peanuts in beer > peanuts in soft drinks

I frequently add a dash of salt to my beer. Something I picked up from my Papaw.

When I was in college, adding tomato juice to a beer was a "cool" thing to do...of course, this was '61-65',so I guess that's gone the way of the dodo.