Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Projected Starting Line-Up For Braves

kelly_bkelly_b Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So, spring is right around the corner and I'm curious to find out what our DAWG fans who are also Braves fans think starters for opening day look like. Did not see a dupe thread @Teddy, so apologies if this is one. Here's what I have. Not much to debate here I think, but there might be a surprise here or there. Caveat: This list assumes that everyone is healthy. I know I'm gonna catch some H for projecting Riley, but I chose spice over vanilla.

p - Folty
1B - Freeman (of course)
2B - Albies
3B - Austin Riley (have at it...)
SS - Camargo (is this controversial?)
LF - Acuna
CF - Inciarte
RF - Markakis
C - Flowers

Tagged:

Comments

  • TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    3B - Donaldson, he will get every chance
    SS - Swanson, I expect him to come out strong again, then fade. Probably will split time for a while with Camargo

  • AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    I think @TNDawg71 is right on both counts, but your lineup may be the one we finish the season with.

  • RobbieRob14RobbieRob14 Posts: 217 ✭✭✭ Junior

    IF Donaldson can stay healthy all year, this is going to be a very special team!

    I see us being players for a SP at the deadline. To win a WS, you need a couple top-of-the-line starters, and that's the main thing missing from this team. Folty is good, but inexperienced.

  • PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @kelly_b said:
    So, spring is right around the corner and I'm curious to find out what our DAWG fans who are also Braves fans think starters for opening day look like. Did not see a dupe thread @Teddy, so apologies if this is one. Here's what I have. Not much to debate here I think, but there might be a surprise here or there. Caveat: This list assumes that everyone is healthy. I know I'm gonna catch some H for projecting Riley, but I chose spice over vanilla.

    p - Folty
    1B - Freeman (of course)
    2B - Albies
    3B - Austin Riley (have at it...)
    SS - Camargo (is this controversial?)
    LF - Acuna
    CF - Inciarte
    RF - Markakis
    C - Flowers

    Donaldson is at 3rd if he's healthy. I think Riley actually may spend some time in RF in the spring to see how that goes. Swanson starts at short but I think he's got a bit of a short leash. If he struggles out could turn into a platoon quickly with Camargo.

  • DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Donaldson will be at 3B but he will have off days cause he's injury prone. CamarGOAT and Culby will rotate out at 3B and SS. Swanson will be the starter at SS, but he will have a short leash.

  • WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 15,195 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @TNDawg71 said:
    3B - Donaldson, he will get every chance
    SS - Swanson, I expect him to come out strong again, then fade. Probably will split time for a while with Camargo

    Swanson hasn't shown the ability to recognize pitches quick enough to be a good hitter. I hope Camargo can play SS.

    SP - Folty
    1B - FF
    2B - Albies
    SS - Camargo
    3B - Donaldson
    LF - Acuna
    CF - Inciarte
    RF - Markakis
    C - Flowers/McCann ( platoon)

  • donmdonm Posts: 9,302 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 6

    @kelly_b said:
    So, spring is right around the corner and I'm curious to find out what our DAWG fans who are also Braves fans think starters for opening day look like. Did not see a dupe thread @Teddy, so apologies if this is one. Here's what I have. Not much to debate here I think, but there might be a surprise here or there. Caveat: This list assumes that everyone is healthy. I know I'm gonna catch some H for projecting Riley, but I chose spice over vanilla.

    p - Folty
    1B - Freeman (of course)
    2B - Albies
    3B - Austin Riley (have at it...)
    SS - Camargo (is this controversial?)
    LF - Acuna
    CF - Inciarte
    RF - Markakis
    C - Flowers

    can't see them paying Donaldson $35 mil to be a backup 3B. He'll open the season and be given plenty of rope...

  • GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 457 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    I see lots of little faith that Donaldson can stay healthy. I bet he does stay healthy for a lion's portion of the season.

    Here's another call: Donaldson's signing hurts Culberson the most of all players. Camargo still gets plenty of ABs but Culberson gets reduced to a break glass in case of an emergency guy.

  • DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @GeorgiaGirl said:
    I see lots of little faith that Donaldson can stay healthy. I bet he does stay healthy for a lion's portion of the season.

    Here's another call: Donaldson's signing hurts Culberson the most of all players. Camargo still gets plenty of ABs but Culberson gets reduced to a break glass in case of an emergency guy.

    Culby is a super utility guy so I expect to see him play OF as well in case someone goes down with an injury.

  • DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @DawgsofWar said:

    @GeorgiaGirl said:
    I see lots of little faith that Donaldson can stay healthy. I bet he does stay healthy for a lion's portion of the season.

    Here's another call: Donaldson's signing hurts Culberson the most of all players. Camargo still gets plenty of ABs but Culberson gets reduced to a break glass in case of an emergency guy.

    Culby is a super utility guy so I expect to see him play OF as well in case someone goes down with an injury.

    He can pitch a little, too. Hahaha. Remember that game when he threw a couple of pitches? Think it was against the Blue Jays.

  • TeddyTeddy Posts: 4,176 mod

    No need to tag me every time you start a thread. Thanks. > @GeorgiaGirl said:

    I see lots of little faith that Donaldson can stay healthy. I bet he does stay healthy for a lion's portion of the season.

    Here's another call: Donaldson's signing hurts Culberson the most of all players. Camargo still gets plenty of ABs but Culberson gets reduced to a break glass in case of an emergency guy.

    I'd hope for Donaldson and Camargo to pan out at 3B and SS, have Culberson for a bat off the bench (his bat is better than Dansby's, and he's more of a utility player, thus a better bench player). I'd try to get Dansby plenty of playing time to start the season, especially if he comes out of spring training playing well, and hope he continues to play well for a month or so and trade him. Not sure what you could get for him though, as he's on the last year of his contract making $575k, but if he plays well, might be able to get something for him, if the Braves don't see him as a long term player for them.

  • kelly_bkelly_b Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 6

    I was a little wooly about Donaldson because, as many of you have pointed out, his health is questionable. I thought it would be interesting to project Riley at 3rd because I'm optimistic he'll have a good spring. In any case, there should be some very interesting competition there. Personally, I'd love to see Camargo get more playing time. He's more than just a utility guy and I think would improve at the plate seeing consistent at-bats. Culby is a personal favorite of mine...underrated in many ways.

Sign In or Register to comment.