Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Favorite Current TV Shows

Comments

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    BuckheadDawgBuckheadDawg Posts: 70 ✭✭✭ Junior

Shameless, How the Universe Works and ANY College Football Show

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I love the Bosch series. Read the books after the first season. Quite good too. Hope there's another season sometime soon.

• Options
    Bulldawg90Bulldawg90 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The latest season came out two or three weeks ago. Harry goes undercover.

• Options
    ThisDawgThisDawg Posts: 970 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

DawgNation daily

• Options
    UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 273 ✭✭✭ Junior

Ozark

The Chi

Game Of Thrones

• Options
    EastAtlDawgEastAtlDawg Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Chernobyl is a must watch amazing tv show.

• Options
    CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Code, FBI, Blood & Treasure.

• Options
    ziggyholidayziggyholiday Posts: 492 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

++ for Chernobyl. It's amazing. I was born in 79, so I sort of remember it being a thing but watching the show (while a drama) and seeing how close to the brink the whole continent basically was it awe inspiring. Plus, little things like, how they were getting increased radiation reading in places like Frankfurt (where I live at the moment) drives it home.

• Options
    UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I watch whatever is on TV Land or MeTv, along with historical and/or sports documentaries....All the rest is hot garbage.

• Options
    Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't know if Billions is streaming through Netflix or Hulu, because I have Showtime. It's worth investigating.

After watching episode #4 of Chernobyl, I'm riveted!

I started watching Clooney's latest project called "Catch-22". It's satirical look at war, set during WWII. It's ok.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Catch 22 comes from one of the literary classics by the same name. I recall it being a pretty hard read.

• Options
    GeoffDawgGeoffDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2019

Just finished Catch 22 too (or Catch 22-2). I agree, not bad. Didn't blow my socks off but not a waste of time.

Looking forward in time, some of the shows projected to come out towards the end of this year or early next year that I'm excited about:

Lord of the Rings - doesn't sounds like a prequel exactly, just set in an earlier time period

Dark Tower - for the Stephen King fans in the audience, this is a chronological retelling of the Dark Tower series, first season reportedly focused on Book IX, Wizard and Glass

Watchmen - not sure if this is going to be a faithful adaptation or some new twist. Unlike some, I really liked the Zach Snyder film version.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

Watchmen supposedly takes place after the events of the comic book

• Options
    GeoffDawgGeoffDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Interesting, can't wait to see their take on the *spoiler alert* giant squid monster.

• Options
    JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 8,563 admin

Just giving this one a bump. My bride and I just finished "Chernobyl" and I thought it was excellent.

We all know the ending, but the drama around it all and the events that came after it made for a really great story.

If you have an inner history buff, you'll dig it.

• Options
    dawgitimafandawgitimafan Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Have to try it, started on game of thrones about a month or two ago, just started season 7. Wow.
  • Options
    judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Has anyone seen animals on HBO? Heard good things. Currently watching arrested development, pretty funny. 
  • Options
    Bulldawg90Bulldawg90 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

American Crime Story season 2: The Assassination of Gianni Versace.

The actor that plays Andrew Cunanan is an exceptionally creepy sociopath.

• Options
    cory430cory430 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    For the record @JeffSentell my wife and I do go out on said boat and stay outside most of the time. The only must see TV is college football. Even then fall fishing and deer season gets in the way.