- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)
- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans
- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum
- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Best Sword fights you've seen in movies?
I guess it's time for me to chime in with a non-football off-season topic. This one was brought up once on my old forum and I think we had about 20 pages of responses. lol So, what's the best sword duels you've seen on movies? I think this was my list.....
- Hector vs Achilles (Troy) The best in cinematic history! Brad Pitt actually hurt his achilles tendon while filming this fight...how's that for a coincidence?!
- Wesley vs Inigo Montaya (The Princes Bride) 'My name is Inigo Montaya, you killed my father, prepare to die!' lol
- The two girls going at in on 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon'. Holy Cow, is about all you can say while watching this one!
- The two guys fighting on ladders at the end of 'The Musketeer' You just have to see this one to believe it!
- Obe Wan and his Master (Liam Neeson) vs Darth Maul in 'Star Wars Phantom Menace'. Ray Park, world champion martial artist steals the show as Darth Maul
- Liam Neeson vs Tim Roth, climax of 'Rob Roy'. Not too flashy and acrobatic like some of the others, but realistic and will have you on the edge of your seat.
Honorable Mentions...Many like the battle of the girl vs the 'crazy 88' guys in 'Kill Bill'. Eh, It's a little too over the top and cheesy for me.
The big gladiator guy vs the Roman General at the end of 'Pompeii'. Underrated...two experts going at in the coliseum while Mt. Vesuvius is destroying everything around them.
Give me your favorites.....