Home DawgNation 5-star Chef Zone
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Best Burgers?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    JMFDJMFD Posts: 219 ✭✭✭ Junior

Rheas ll in Roswell Ga

• Options
    RedFiveRedFive Posts: 99 ✭✭✭ Junior

Tremont Tavern in Chattanooga has the best burgers n town.

• Options
    UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In Thomasville, George and Louie's makes a good burger, but there is a place around the corner from them called Henderson's that's real close. They've been in Thomasville since 1949 and it was just a 'drive-up' place for many years. If you like chili dogs, the Billiard Academy is right downtown on Broad Street...and they have been making chili dogs since 1949, too. The downtown area of Thomasville is a lot like the downtown in Athens....Minus the large University, of course. Thomasville has their own little university, Thomas University.  

• Options
    DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

For many years now I've been timing my runs between Apalach and the ATL so I could hit George and Louie's for lunch. Happy belly, happy ride.

• Options
    mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Need to try Main Street Meats's burger. I used to think Tremont Tavern was the best (the tots are, for sure) but that MSM burger.. man.

• Options
    RailroadDawgRailroadDawg Posts: 15 ✭✭ Sophomore

Moxie Burger - right around the corner from me in Sandy Springs though I think technically it’s in Marietta. Can’t go wrong with the blue ribbon or the moxie. So good.

• Options
    TurkDawgTurkDawg Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In Columbia SC try Pawleys Front Porch in 5 Points. Todd Blackledge did a review of it on SEC football once.

Also in Columbia try Steve’s Classic Burgers and Rush’s cheeseburger.

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Give me lean, ground portobello with wild rice patties, mixed with a little Vegemite and brown miso. Rare.

OK. I'm not really taking this thread seriously.

• Options
    Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Last time I went to the Vortex a year ago I was not impressed. I've been going there for over 20 years. Service was really bad and their signature Pimento Cheese burger ****.

• Options
    NOVADAWGNOVADAWG Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Char bar in Hilton Head is the best burger I’ve ever had.

• Options
    swilkerson73swilkerson73 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Hamburger King in Montgomery AL is a bit of an institution.

Little hole in the wall downtown that only serves lunch.

Burgers are incredibly good. Plus you can get a cold snickers bar for dessert.

Dont be in a hurry if you go either. As the owner once told me when I showed up a bit early for my pickup order.

"Baby, we dont do early"

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

bump for the Leach Burger thread...

• Options
    how2fishhow2fish Posts: 3,633 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Two years ago my wife and I spent two weeks traveling Southern Alaska and were really surprised at how good the burgers were at several places however Cosmic Kitchen in Homer, AK was the best and as good a hamburger I've ever had.

• Options
    CondorFactsCondorFacts Posts: 162 ✭✭✭ Junior

Have you tried Fish Camp on HHI? **** good seafood and an really nice set up out back as long as it's not 10,000 degrees.

• Options
    Huntindawg81Huntindawg81 Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was talking about this at work today. I dont put a lot of thought into food i guess. If its good, its good. If its not, its not. Guess all those MREs in the Marines made me not take food for granted anymore which i never really thought about until today lol. But i will say 2 places that stand out to me are "Friends" in Gwinnett. And Carolina Tavern in Greenwood, SC. Those places had some pretty cool burgers that were unique.

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,042 mod

Steinbeck's and any Universal Joint has some great burgers.

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2020

In Atlanta I'm partial to Yeah Burger on the west side (off Howell Mill, close to Ga. Tech). They have a thousand options, everything made to order. Beef, bison, turkey, veggie, whatever floats your boat. Jalapeños, avocado, pickles, every kind of cheese, every kind of bun, a great selection of beers, and really good onion rings. No frills, no nonsense, good food.

• Options
    NOVADAWGNOVADAWG Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have and it is pretty **** good. Wife has a shell fish allergy so I don’t get there much.