Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

I'm sad to report a death...

Comments

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2019

I think it's very possible Culver will be our 1st pick. He really opened eyes during the NCAA Tourney. Deandre Hunter went the other way, he looked scared to be noticed most of the tourney. I had Hunter as our 2nd pick, but his stock is down.

• Options
    TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My favorite thing about Josh Smith is when he would start to shoot a three, everyone in the arena would groan in despair.

• Options
    CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I went to Game 6 of Atlanta-Indiana series in 2013. Late in the game, the shot clock was running out, and Smoove had the ball, so obviously he had to shoot else we turn the ball over. It didn't matter to the crowd, he jacked a long 2 and everybody yelled "NOOOO"

• Options
    YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was there too. Mike Scott almost ended Mahimi's career that day

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So what are our current chances of finishing ahead, or is it behind Dallas in the lottery scenario?

• Options
    GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Isaac just owns Collins right now. It's not really bigger players that get in his head, it's guys that are longer that do. Because he doesn't really have many post moves, longer guys can just use their length to defend him and he owns against players that are not as long.

I knew that it wouldn't mean zilch tonight if whether guys were in and out but they really should just sit them for the rest of the night. Pointless to keep going in that kind of a blowout this late.

• Options
    edited April 2019

Donm The Hawks are getting curb stomped by Orlando so far tonight. If we lose this game, we can't do worse than 5th worst..or is it no better than 5th worse ? needing to lose is confusing.

• Options
    edited April 2019

I think losing this game would lock in 5th but I'm not totally sure to be honest.

Actually if there's a tie they do a coin flip so you'd have to clench through that but there won't be a tie because Memphis and Dallas play each other and Dallas plays Phoenix, so I think both get at least 1-2 more wins.

Gonna have to clench through the lottery anyway as even still, if the balls fall a certain way, Dallas could still get the pick.

• Options
    dawgitimafandawgitimafan Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wow, Memphis and Dallas playing, huge implications, loser falls to seventh I believe

• Options

Really Vucevic is both long and big. That seems like the usual type that gives Collins fits. He's 7'0'' 260lb, that is a chunk of mobile real estate.

• Options
    edited April 2019

dawgtimafan. Dallas and Memphis play Sunday as well, it's a well timed home and home.

• Options

Whelp much Ado about nothing, Dallas suddenly dropped to eighth in the lotto rankings and winning tonight ..

• Options

dawgtimafan. I want Texas center Jaxson Hayes with the Dallas pick, there's a good chance he'll be there at 7 or 8.

• Options

Yale, Josh got this brain dead look on his face and I could just tell he was about to chuck a 30 foot brick. he couldn't help himself. If he had played smart he could have been a valuable asset.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options

Donm. The optimum would have been for Dallas to finish 6th...maybe. Of course being 7th or 8th gives them slightly lower odds of drawing a top 4 lottery spot, so we're a bit more likely to keep their pick now.

On the other hand I want Texas center Jaxson Hayes though, we might still land him as low as 8th or even 9th.

• Options

Yes, Dallas pick is top five protected and was looking for awhile like the Hawks were going to win their way out of the to five and Dallas at five or six was to close for comfort, two top ten picks this year is what the Hawks need to keep this process rolling quickly, I could see them even combining these and trading up a spot or two depending on how the ping pong balls shake out.

• Options

I think gambling on Reddish is much more likely than trying to get in position to take Barrett, whether it should happen or not. Barrett/Young could work, but I just don't think it's likely they try to move up for him. If he's there, take him, if not, then move on.

Yes, I think it'd take a heartbreaking deal to get in position for Zion, so I don't think they even bother if the lottery isn't won.