Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

APRIL FOOL'S DAY

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No need to explain this. I tried to find some history but there are widely varying ideas about how and when this day was first recognized. Any great stories you wish to share about pranks you played or that were played on you for April Fool's Day.

It is also National Cents Day. Interesting history there. The first pennies were minted by a private company.

Finally, it's National Sourdough Bread Day. I LOVE good sourdough bread. Not sure of any health benefits but it does tast good.

Comments

• CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Is Nolan going to announce he's entering the transfer portal today?

• tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

when I was 12 or 13 I decided to play an April's Fools prank on my parents. The kitchen sink had one of those sprayers that was separate from the faucet and it was all black. So I got a black rubber band and put it on so that the button was pressed. Then whoever turned the sink on in the morning would get sprayed with water.

Well, I put the rubber band on before bed. It dripped water all night. Woke up to a very wet kitchen floor, water in the sink cabinet, and me with a mess to clean while they laughed at me

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It should be April ''FOOLS' Day. Fools deserve one day a year where they are celebrated.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

CTDawg. Nolan sleeps in a hyperbaric chamber, I believe somebody mistook it for a transfer portal, no worries.

• DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My former boss loved April Fool's Day and always got us one way or the other. One year we decided to pay him back while he was at lunch so we got some shipping tape and taped everything down in his office. Chair, phone, mouse, mouse pad, keyboard, coffee cup, telephone. Anything that could safely be taped was taped. It didn't stop him from pranking us each year though.

• CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thank the Lord. He should be careful of falling into the transfer portal though, it’s very difficult to come back from that