Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

The Hawks drew picks 8 and 10...we got hosed...

13»

Comments

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2019

The supposed offer is said to have included 4 picks that could have been as high as 1st rd picks, depending on future events. Ainge has never confirmed details of the offer though.

If it is accurate it should be viewed as a huge brain phart by Ainge and a cautionary tale. If the trade had gone down the way it is speculated to have been offered to Cleveland, it would have been amongst the worst trades in NBA history. All Ainge has said is he might have been too aggressive in what he offered. Winslow is not a great player.

• Options
    edited May 2019

I just read that a potential trade could be Atlanta getting the 5th pick from Cleveland in exchange for this year's 8th pick, the Hawks' 1st rd pick in 2020 and Miles Plumlee.

• Options
    mantis_toboggan69mantis_toboggan69 Posts: 264 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It’s definitely an exaggerated example but it shows how the NBA works. If you look at past 2nd round picks, there’s not a lot of NBA careers. NBA teams know this. The 8th, 2020 first, and Plumlee is a lot more realistic.

• Options

I count 26 NBA starters who were 2nd round picks listed on active rosters. I didn't look at entire rosters so I'm guessing you can more than doubt that count for players on NBA rosters. The 2 teams playing for the eastern title right now, Toronto and Milwaukee have 2 2nd round picks each starting for them. I don't know the odds of the average 2nd round pick making a team but for Cleveland I'm thinking with all their needs the odds of landing at least 1 player from Atlanta's 3 picks would be fairly good. Atlanta needs less so those 2nd rd picks have less potential value for us than they would The Cavs.

• Options
    GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

From the way everything is sounding, I'd expect Cam Reddish to become an Atlanta Hawk if he ends up at #8.

• Options
    TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

trade 8, 10, 35 and Len/Plumlee for Aaron Gordon and 16th

• Options

I'd give up those picks and players for Gordon, but probably not for just the 3 years left on his contract. If we could do a sign and trade that gives us at least 5 years I'd do if for the right money. Gordon is excellent and getting better defensively and he's good in a lot of other areas as well. His passing made big strides this season.

• Options

I just read The Knicks turned down The Hawks' offer of the 8 and 10 pick for the 3 pick...dang. I was hoping they'd go that way but if the other side won't bite.. They are reportedly still trying to make deals before the draft.

• Options
    PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    I think they're offering the same package to NO at 4.  The more I've watched and read it seems like Culver is who Schlenk wants.
  • Options

They have to make some move, they won't keep 6 rookies. I could see them picking someone from Europe and stashing them.

• Options
    orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

ESPN has the Hawks taking Cam at #8. Don’t know about that, dude has huge potential but his consistency on the court is a concern imo

• Options

PTDawg. I'd be very happy if we trade 8 and 10 for 4 and take Culver. I think if we'd gotten the 3rd spot we'd have taken Barrett though. He's a bigger more complete version of Culver.

• Options

Question, how do others think Culver fits with Huerter?

It would seem Culver would be a different role than Hunter or Reddish. I am just curious what others think.

• Options
    PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    I think Culver would be viewed as a replacement for Prince with higher upside. It's not an exact fit but today's game is much less rigid in terms of position fit.
  • Options

I think Culver will be an easy fit on any roster. He is a pretty complete 2 guard.