Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Braves Ongoing Season Comments Thread..

Comments

• LD10LD10 Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Just thankful I did not have to sit through the whole game to see us lose in the ninth inning.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2019

How about a NYC team changing it's name to The Southern Rednecks ? Their mascot could be a slack jawed yokel in coveralls with bad teeth. They could chant Yeeehaw !

• PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

#1. I see nothing about the Braves mascot that is intentionally demeaning or belittling. The black face mime comparison is a red herring.

#2. In your hypothetical Southern stereotype mascot example: that sounds a little dumb and i would question why they made that choice but speaking as someone who has lived in the South my entire life I wouldn't be offended by it in the least.

• aross822aross822 Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

piss poor managing and the obvious need of a closer keeps rearing it’s **** head. Soroka should have gotten multiple starts instead of the “World Series veteran” there’s a time and place for him. It’s advice and talking to the better pitchers throughout the game and not out on the mound burying any chance we have. Hope the battery is making some cash because they need to spend it on a corner outfielder, starter, and a big bullpen guy. Mad Bum isn’t the answer either he’s simply a replacement for DK. He ain’t Mad Bum from 3-4 years ago.

I think the rotation made sense. Soroka has been a great road pitcher and average at home all season. I don't recall anybody predicting Folty would revert back to Foldy.

• MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was at the game tonight and it was fascinating to watch the number of people get to their seats due to the the 5:00pm start, only to realize the game was over. I hated it for the players, but you could feel it in the stands that the life was **** out of the team and the crowd.

The most frustrating thing to me was that other than Acuna our hitters didn’t show up when needed all series, mainly Freddie. He’s my dude but that performance was pathetic. How the team responds in the offseason will tell me if they’re really serious about winning it all or if they’re content with trying to get lucky and make as much money off a playoff caliber team.

Go Braves but now it’s time to focus on the Dawgs and hope they handle their business!

There was nothing wrong with the rotation. Keuchel pitched well enough to win and Soroka was superb in his road start. .

• KirbstomperKirbstomper Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2019

Soroka is just our best pitcher, so I’d like him getting the ball twice. It’s just that simple for me honestly. I know his home road splits are pretty severe. Maybe that’s statistical noise and maybe it isn’t. But regardless he is our best pitcher and you want him to throw more than any other pitcher.

Especially since kuechel isn’t exactly a top tier starter, and was throwing against a right handed heavy lineup. It never made sense to me that he was the game 1 and 4 guy. He deserved a start for sure but this was another case of a dumb manager over valuing veterans

edited October 2019

Soroka's ERA was over 4 at home, it was around 1.55 on the road. Also our starters' combined ERA over the 4 games before today was 2.05. This was about their pen performing better than ours, our cleanup hitter having a terrible series and folty sucing balls today.

• KirbstomperKirbstomper Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You know, that’s a fair point. Feel more like we lost it in game 4.

We should have won game 4, but I felt good coming back home with Folty starting.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have Native American ancestry. The people who complain about this are full of it. They say, “Native Americans are portrayed as unsophisticated” but all stereotypes are derived from learned exposure to a culture. Let’s not also forget that Native Americans thought they could dance up a rain storm.

This discussion has been closed.