Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Braves Ongoing Season Comments Thread..

Comments

• Options
    orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good season but they’re done. BP isn’t consistent enough

• Options
    aross822aross822 Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

Well side note I got 2 tickets for sale for UK vs UGA section 125 row 30. Might be shifting our focus real quick to football fully. My email is aross822@yahoo.com if interested

• Options
    KirbstomperKirbstomper Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m pretty ready for markakis to be a bench bat for us next year. And maybe for the front office to get a few top level arms. A boy can dream

• Options
    MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

God that ****. Odds aren’t good for the rest of the series either if I heard the announcers right. Something like 73% of the time the winner of game 1 wins the series, did anyone else catch that?

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tough loss but no reason to lose hope. Win tomorrow. Find a way to win one in STL. Come home.

• Options
    CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hopefully they woke up at the end there. We probably deserved to lose the game anyways, considering we took a 3-1 lead on errors.

• Options
    Bulldawg90Bulldawg90 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Why did Snitker take Fried out? Why? Why? Dammit man.

• Options
    PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A touch of bad luck there at the end. Martin going down while warming up. Those 2 2-run doubles in the 9th for St. Louis were both painted down the lines. I honestly think the one down the 1st base line looked foul.

Ultimately, the bullpen didn't have it and Acuna has to grow up. There probably aren't 3 guys in all of baseball more talented than he is but he's got to grow up.

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Braves we’ve come to know in the playoffs, cold bats. Snit making a move at every chance he can then leaving Melancon in to give up more runs, when he clearly wasn’t hitting his spots... Acuna clearly didn’t learn his lesson about admiring hits off the fence. Typical frustrating Braves playoff baseball.

• Options
    coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Seemed like game went sideways when Martin got hurt and Snitker brought Luke in. Thought at the time that I would rather see Newcomb get the call in that situation. Give the Cardinals credit for making the most of their opportunities, lots of balls hit in the right spots. Having Cervelli calling pitches the last couple of innings might have had an effect, seemed like Melancon was throwing lot more curves than usual. Don’t know what to say about Acuna, it’s hard to believe that happened in a playoff game. Great talent, hope he learns a lesson this time.

• Options
    RedDawgOneRedDawgOne Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

I thought when they put Fried in that was it. Let him finish the game. Too many pitchers. Not enough faith. Probably could have left Dallas K in longer too. Now we have an untested bull pen.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2019

Search me. I wouldn't give a nickel for this team's chances right this minute. I realize that is pessimistic almost to the point of fatalism, but I bet we all feel the weight of finding ways to lose generation after generation.

• Options
    edited October 2019

Sometimes I'm absolutely sure The Braves, The Bulldogs, The Falcons,etc, etc will always come up a dime short. I'm not superstitious exactly, but ****.

• Options

I coach baseball so a lot of friends text me questions after a game like this.

If you're wondering why Snit pulled Keuchel so early, it's a fair question. If you're wondering why Snit didn't leave Fried in the game, it's a fair question. The best answer I can give you to both questions is, "that's modern baseball." But I feel your pain. Like many things in our society, the modern approach is not necessarily better.

As for Acuna, I hope Snit benches him for Gm2. I love the kid. But the kid has to learn. Some things in baseball are unforgivable.

As for the Braves, I think we'll still win the series. Folty will win tomorrow. Soroka will win the 3rd game. I don't know what will happen in the 4th game. We might win the series in STL but we'll at least make it home. I like our chances.

• Options
    edited October 2019

@AnotherDawg Benching acuna would be dumb he is our best player. This is just a thing his team mates need to take care of, and Freddie has already addressed it.

And idk about pulling Fried being modern. We see teams in the playoffs use super receivers multiple innings a lot these days. I’m forgetting the guys name on Boston last year, but he helped a ton. Harder, Andrew Miller back in the day, etc. I was hoping we would try to turn Fried loose, but think they took him out because he is the game 4 starter.

• Options

Fair enough. Disagree on both points but understand where you're coming from.

• Options
    edited October 2019

Yeah that’s fair, I see what you mean too. They wanted the platoon splits and I get that. And we forget they had Martin lined up, but then he hurt himself.

Benching acuna is a regular season move. I’m as frustrated as anyone at him showboating because that’s also a regular season move. It’s the f’ing playoffs and we haven’t won a series since 2001, how do you not hustle.

• Options

If Acuna had Soto's maturity and approach to the job he'd be far and away the best young player in the game. After he got threw out in a very ill advised attempt to steal 2nd that cost at a minimum 1 run and maybe as many as 3 runs he sarcastically blew the guy who threw him out a kiss. He later failed to run to 1st on what should have been a double then made a baserunning error at 2nd. If he'd had his head out of his ass this would be a win and we'd be in control of the series.

• Options

I just watched and heard Acuna's response when questioned about his lack oflazy hustle, this could be a real problem. He just brushed it off. The kid needs to grow up quick or I can see his attitude getting really bad.

This game and maybe this series was lost and it this series might end up being lost because of his attitude. Nobody is worth having around if he's not a team player.

• Options
    UGA4LifeUGA4Life Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I realize I’m stating the obvious, but we really needed to win this game. Folty pitching for our lives in game 2 is not a scenario I like. It’s going to be mid 90’s outside, probably over a 100 on the field, and he doesn’t pitch all that well when he’s sweating his a$$ off.

Acuna needs to grow the hell up. He’s an exceptional talent, but he can’t pull this crap in the playoffs. I’m starting to wonder if we signed him long term a little too early. Maybe that $100 million is going to his head. I wish he had Ozzie’s attitude.

Bottom line is game 2 is a must win. Go Braves.

This discussion has been closed.