Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Hawks trade T. Prince

13»

Comments

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm hoping they can move up and do as you say. I just think Reddish was in such a different situation being the 3rd guy,. He shot the ball whenever he could while pressing to prove himself to pro scouts. He played outside too much, which accounts for both the high number of 3's and low rebounds. Unfair to compare him to Green. He's worth a dice roll, imo.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019

Bank. This is the 2nd critical draft in a row for The Hawks. With so many cards to play I'm hoping for more than a crap shoot approach. Here is what cements my opinion of Reddish, his defensive metrics for 2018/2019 are really bad, almost 100 pts per 40 minutes.

• Options

i just don’t think his one season washes out his potential. I have no idea if he is the highest ceiling pick or what at the 8. Who would you take at that spot if they keep the pick? How about 10?

There’s a future all-star to be drafted after the supposed cream comes off the board. There is every year, but nobody knows who it will be. Draymond Green was a 2nd round pick That’s not good scouting. That’s luck

• Options

I'd probably take either Clarke or Doumbouye over Reddish. The Texas center whose name evades me would also make sense. He has sure value as a rebounder and defender.

• Options
    PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hayes. If we stand pat with the current picks I would grab him at 10.

• Options

Jaxson Hayes. I would be happy if they took Dounbouye and Hayes and then grabbed Cameron Johnson at 17. Truth is I don’t really care who they draft. I’m not a likely customer until they luck up and find a superstar. That’s why I prefer the high ceiling/risky picks.

• Options

Yep. Hayes has almost sure value as a defender, rebounder and finisher. I could see him maturing into a Clint Capela type.

• Options
    MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah but there's definitely something very FISHY about the Hawks never actually getting that "GUY" 🤔🤔🤔 With apologies to the GREAT Dominique who fit that bill but didn't have a comparable sidekick. U know like Jordan had Pippen.

• Options

Dom Wilkins was a hugely gifted player but he was never going to be Jordan Magic or LeBron. He had a flaw, he wouldn't pass out of double or even triple teams. He was not a complete player like the all time champions were.

• Options
    dawgitimafandawgitimafan Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019

He was the third option and while I don't have stats in from of me I did see draft reports that graded his catch and shoot ability at 'great'. Also let's not forget he played with a core injury last season that he's having surgery on. Core injuries on shooters are devastating. Also he has perfect form, by all counts a great work ethic and great personality, couple that with God given ability and athleticism and if I'm a coach, I'm like 'give me that guy'. Like I said, I believe at the least he's a terrific 3&D guy, at best an absolute star.

Edit:also where do u get that his steal rate was subpar? Every report I've saw said he was tremendous at creating steals.

• Options
    edited June 2019

dawgtimafan. Reddish also had mediocre stats at rebounding, assists and even his defensive rating was subpar. Unless the injury explains most of it I would pass on him. The low defensive rating is huge, if he's not a plus there...no thanks.

His steals to possessions ratio is what was low, or mediocre. Also his assists to turnovers ratio was 1 to 2...WOW, that is really atrocious.

• Options
    TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They had one, the NBA cancelled trade. Julius Erving from the Nets