Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

The Lakers trade for Anthony Davis..

Comments

• Options
    YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    I think Kyrie couldn't handle the blow to his ego if he went crawling back to Lebron
  • Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kyrie wants to be the top guy, he'd be #3 on The Lakers....Bubye.

Walker is a 27 pt a game guy, would he be willing to step back like Wade did in Miami ?

Butler is interesting. He is a complete player who might be more willing and able to accept a support role.

• Options
    mantis_toboggan69mantis_toboggan69 Posts: 264 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    Butler doesn’t seem like the kind of guy to accept a support role 
  • Options
    edited June 2019

Butler played a support role this past season in Philly. I didn't follow close enough to know how he dealt with it. Unless it affects the games I don't much care what players think.

• Options
    PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Often times in the NBA the team who gets the best player is automatically who won the deal due to the league being so star driven. However, I will say this is quite a haul for NO given that they had almost no leverage.  I think some of those pics get traded. I read the 3rd #1 from LA is unprotected but isn't until 2024?  That's a little crazy to me.
  • Options
    I’d say Embiid was the 1, Butler the 2, and the rest were playing support roles. Usage rates supports this especially in the playoffs.

Anyways, Butler has forced his way out of 2 franchises and is almost surely leaving a good situation in philly. Don’t think he’d ultimately accept a Bosh or Love role. 

I think Kemba’s the best option and his 25.8 ppg this year is an outlier from the rest of his career. Plus, he just seems more friendly that Irving and Butler.
  • Options

mantis. Butler is reportedly opting t test the free agent market. That doesn't mean he won't re-sign with Philly though. Philly can give him 188 million over 5 years. Nobody else can offer more than 143 million over 4 years. Where would he have a better situation than with The Sixers ?

• Options
    I agree it’s his best situation. I just think he’s leaving.
  • Options

Where might he go ?

• Options
    MODawgMODawg Posts: 479 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    @mantis_toboggan69 Kemba has been on some bad teams. Ready to do anything to win
  • Options
    judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    I think butler wants to win first and foremost. Y’all remember how he left Minnesota? Lol 

he could still win in philly though, it did take a game 7 buzzer beater for the nba champs to our them 
  • Options
    judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Kemba has been scoring 25 a game for years and look at all the good it’s done him. This is his only chance to win, but money talks and the supermax May be too much for him to turn down. Probably will be around 240 mil this year
  • Options
    WC. There’s a lot of teams reported to be making pushes to him. If the clippers miss on Kawhi, I think they might be his best option. I propbably shouldn’t have said “almost surely leave”. It’s just my personal opinion that he always thinks the next situation will be better than the last similar to Kyrie.
  • Options
    Dawgy_FreshDawgy_Fresh Posts: 895 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019
    Klay to join LBJ /s

but maybe his dad played there. He is going to be in Space Jam 2. He’d be perfect fit. 

But unlikely because he fits perfect as a Warrior. 
  • Options

The Sixers still have room to grow without adding anybody. Just re-sign their 2 free agents. Simmons and Embiid are still pups. Next year could be their time .If Toronto loses Leonard they will drop back. Boston seems stalled. That would leave The Bucks and Sixers as the cream of The East.

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Getting rid of Ball must have been the sweetener for the Lakers.   Lavar has already guaranteed the Lakers never win another title due to trading his son. What a clown.   
  • Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019

More likely that NO won’t win a title with Lonzo.

• Options

Getting the prince clown jerk of a father out of their hair was reason enough for The Lakers to move Lonzo. I suspect Lavar might have something to do with Magic deciding he didn't need that shiit in his life.

• Options
    DGDinNYCDGDinNYC Posts: 748 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pels were right to sit tight and not make the trade in the middle of the season. They maintained leverage and their leverage grew even more with injuries decimating GSW. The West became wide open and there was lots of pressure from Lebron & Co to make this deal happen now.

Durant ha already moved his offices to NYC and I'd expect him to be a Brooklyn Net sooner rather than later. He no longer trusts GSW as his injury was publicly misdiagnosed as a calf when there were concerns about the achilles the entire time. His camp is upset that GSW didn't immediately rule him out, thus forcing external pressure for him to play, for the sake of making Toronto have to prepare for his comeback.

Lakers will target Jimmy Butler, Kemba Walker and/or Tobias Harris. AD needs to waive a trade exception to allow them to get back under the cap to get another max guy but they will get creative to make this happen.

• Options

DGDinNYC. Something really odd about Durant's injury supposedly being misdiagnosed. I was driving and listening to a couple of sport radio jocks the day before game 6. One of them said something about the calf injury, then he said ''wink, wink'' and followed it up by saying it was the worst kept secret that Durant really had an achilles injury. They went on to say that GS management knew it...WOW. I Don't see how they could have just guessed right.