Home DawgNation 5-star Chef Zone
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

My Honey Harvest - Any recipes where honey is the difference maker?

2»

Comments

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Link is for the honey syrup. I cannot vouch for the baklava recipe. Can use the syrup on sticky buns. or anything that you want sweet in a cinnamony way.

I've pulled it out and added stuff to spare you from going to the link.

Honey Syrup

"Meanwhile, make honey syrup by stirring 1 cup honey with 2/3 cup water, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, small cinnamon stick and 4 pods green cardamom in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for 25 minutes. Remove from the heat, remove cinnamon stick and cardamom pods, and set aside to cool slightly."

Note: The cardamon pods are optional. Can also add some orange zest (orange colored coating - not the white pulp - from an orange) for a citrus kick.

• Options
    DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Every time I buy a jar of honey it never makes it past the hot homemade butter biscuits to try it in anything else.

• Options
    how2fishhow2fish Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Honey ,butter and cinnamon on lightly toasted whole wheat bread...good and good for you !