Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Fast Food

Comments

• scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I liked Guthrie's the one time I had it. I used to really like Zaxby's when they cooked the food to order.

• HumbleYourselfHumbleYourself Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2019

Champy's tenders are top shelf...pig wings and frog legs are showstoppers as well.

Raise your hand if you have a koozie with your name on it hanging in Champys? ✋

• CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • HumbleYourselfHumbleYourself Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2019

There's not too many more humbling experieinces than drinking all the 40's at champy's....

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

I bought four bags of beaver nuggets when I was in college station in May

• RandomFanRandomFan Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In-N-Out burger >> Whataburger.

• muttley1211muttley1211 Posts: 229 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited July 2019

Only people in Texas like Whataburger. I feel like Texans think they’ll lose their Texas card if they admit it’s nothing special 😆. I’ve been there a few times and I’m *not really sure why people like it.

What should I order next time I’m around one?

• RandomFanRandomFan Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've had both, plenty. Nobody I know likes Whataburger better. Personal tastes differ my friend. Although I will say the In-N-Outs in California seem to be a little better than the ones in Texas, for whatever reason.

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

burgers and chicken tenders are great and all and I understand how passionate we all are about food... but lets get back on track on this one

• PedroPedro Posts: 363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

whataburger is no Culver’s. Canes is fine same as zaxbys.

• HerschelismyHeroHerschelismyHero Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2019

You guys can have the Whataburger, In N Out Burger and Fatburger, I’ll just stick with my usual, two Varsity chili dogs, large FO, rings and a peach pie. 😀

• dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I will say the players love them some Canes. I have ran into many different guys eating at Canes on a weekend night. One of the places they like to take a recruit they are hosting on weekends.

• PedroPedro Posts: 363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree red dawg. Jet lagged but sleepless has me hoping for updates but settling for worthless food diatribe.

Did I mention I love Popeyes?

• HerschelismyHeroHerschelismyHero Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Okay, if you want a burger, then go to Ann’s on the East side of Atlanta. Voted #1 burger in the country by the WSJ. Yes, the Wall Street Journal. Had lunch there with a couple of players not too long ago. Get the Ghetto Burger.

• amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not in Athens (not that I know of), but in Georgia. The only 3 “I know” are 1 in LaGrange and 2 in Columbus.

Country’s Barbecue! Everything on the menu is GREAT! If you have the chance to try it, be sure to ask for the Backfire sauce (if you like “hot”). They don’t put it one the tables, you have to ask for it from your waitress/waiter.  

• BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I never made it to the Varsity during my daughter’s four years in Athens, mainly because my wife refused to go. Did I “Miss Out”?, Do I need to go Notre Dame weekend and consider The Varsity a bucket list event?

Notre Dame has been a Bucket Item and will be the 59th D1 Team I have seen since 1969

• amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Also, not fast food, but there’s a “whole in the wall” out in the middle of nowhere in Whitesville, GA. Hunters Pub – the very best steaks and fried lobster tails I’ve ever eaten! You can see it from I-185 – Great place to eat, but you wouldn’t know about without someone telling you. It’s literally in the middle of nowhere and looks like a run down country home.