Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Fast Food

Comments

• Options
    WintonkWintonk Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Are there Culver's in Georgia now? I live in Iowa and I haven't been to much of Georgia lately except for the blue ridge area. We have Culver's out here and they have some great burgers.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod
  • Options
  • Options
    texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, I think the root of the problem is that you just need to get to know people with better taste.

Whataburger taquitos are addicting. Great burgers, fries and the best ketchup ever.

• Options

I'm like @Denmen185 with Johnson, Rogers and Burton.

When it comes to Whataburger, you can't convince me otherwise.

• Options
    BiggerBadDawgBiggerBadDawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@texdawg

What about Taco Cabana?!? I loved hitting that place and of course the Whataburger. We vacation in Orange Beach often and we hit the Whataburger up in Foley, Al. Also, not fast food related but there is a restaurant in Foley called Lambert’s . It’s known for the “thrown rolls” bc they throw them to you across the restaurant out of the pan.

• Options

Taco cabana is really good. Sorta a tweener - not fast food but not restaurant either. Great tortillas.

• Options
    fitzdawgfitzdawg Posts: 248 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hunters Pub has the best steak I've ever had in my life. Spent my last birthday there

• Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Welp, since the topic is fast food I’d be interested in opinions on what to me is a huge component: who has the best fries?

To take out the Five Guys(I’m a HUGE fan of the cajun fries there) and more fast casual places maybe say places with a Drive-thru?

McD’s is the obvious answer nationally I’d guess: good but I do think they used to be better and they have a very short window. Also annoying all the end pieces/little scraps you may get in an order.

I’ve seen several lists/surveys list Chik Fil A waffle fries very high. They’re good but I wouldn’t go out of my way for them.

I haven’t eaten at BK in awhile but they have been changing their fries for years with some odd choices. Wendy’s too though Wendy’s is usually a bit better quality IMO.

I like Bojangles fries for some reason: I’m a sucker for seasoned fries.

Zaxby’s have always been slightly disappointing to me as I’m not a big crinkle fry guy.

Arby’s Curly Fries are different but good.

Lack of a good fry really takes a fast food place down a lot for me. I’ve been known to get a sandwich at one place and fries at another back in my younger days when I still ate it often. Surprisingly I’m not morbidly obese lol.

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2019

Maniacs for tenders close to my hood and as far as fast food burgers go... 5 guys has them all beat as far as a overall package. Fries shake toppings etc

• Options
    DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Keba has the best fries especially with the black olive sauce.

• Options
    DirtDawgDirtDawg Posts: 532 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BobcatGrad stay away from The Varsity unless you need a laxative. Go to the Blind Pig Tavern instead.

• Options
    fitzdawgfitzdawg Posts: 248 ✭✭✭ Junior

Zaxbys fries with ranch gotta be my take. Too much seasoning by themselves but with the ranch it's boss imo

Traditional fast food, I'll take those Arby's curly fries

• Options

Wendy's fries are fresh cut every day and delicious. They get even better when you eat a baconator over them and let the grease drip on them. Mmmmmm!

Popeyes also has some really good fries.

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,041 mod

I failed to mention a disclaimer. It's still a "bucket list" item, but should be considered on your day's activities.

Day before the game: Doesn't really matter but have expectations.

Day of the game: Ay least 7 hours prior to kickoff. ( Cleansing usually happens within a 4 hour period )

Day after the game: Game day advise applies, but depends on travel. Flying may need more attention than driving.......

• Options
    MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2019

The last time I ate at a Varsity was a Varsity Jr. off Cheshire Bridge. Fifteen years ago. Other than the fries being super greasy and the slaw dogs barely warm, it's not too bad. And the original is a great institution, but the food is gross. The hamburgurs are really bad too.

Yes to Five Guys. And believe it or not all the others: McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's, if you find one that actually cooks their burgers to order, they're really good. I ate at a Burger King in Clayton, Ga. Not too long ago. It was actually pretty remarkable. It's all about Management and crew IMO.

• Options
    MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Wintonk And you're right about Wendy's fries. And their burgers are usually just like they advertise Hot and Fresh. Usually. There's just a lot of bad actors out there.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm a man of simple taste buds...

Wendy's chili

Zaxby's grilled cobb salad with crumbled blue cheese instead of shredded cheddar.