Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

McGarity

pippin888pippin888 Posts: 166 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think the Forum would be a good platform for a drive to replace McGarity if you agree with me please post a statement that you do

Comments

• SWGADAWGSWGADAWG Posts: 248 ✭✭✭ Junior

Unfortunately for UGA, McGarity will hold onto his post at least until after the season.. UGA I believe will have a breakout year and be in the SEC championship. That's when mcgoon steals some credit and survives.

• VaBeachDawgVaBeachDawg Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SWGADAWG said:
    Unfortunately for UGA, McGarity will hold onto his post at least until after the season.. UGA I believe will have a breakout year and be in the SEC championship. That's when mcgoon steals some credit and survives.

Yep. Poor timing for the dawgs to play up to their potential will by him more time.

• SavannahDawg1SavannahDawg1 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yeah Mcgarity will ride the coat tails of Kirby and that will keep him in place for another couple years. He has driven all of the other sports into the ground.

• ladawgladawg Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, to public, Kirby is his signature decision.. but Kirby can also use that as leverage for a better weight room and facilities and extra player control assistants

• andycappsandycapps Posts: 292 ✭✭✭ Junior

@ladawg said:
    Yeah, to public, Kirby is his signature decision.. but Kirby can also use that as leverage for a better weight room and facilities and extra player control assistants

From what recruits are saying, they're being promised the new weight room right now so I'm assuming it'll be started on after the 2017 season is over. And UGA now leads the league in support staff spending so Kirby has made huge changes.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@andycapps said:

@ladawg said:

From what recruits are saying, they're being promised the new weight room right now so I'm assuming it'll be started on after the 2017 season is over. And UGA now leads the league in support staff spending so Kirby has made huge changes.

Is that not part of the Recruiting Concourse project?

• ladawgladawg Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Leverage baby, leverage

@Denmen185 said:

@andycapps said:

@ladawg said:

Is that not part of the Recruiting Concourse project?

The weight room? No, that'll be separate.

• Palm_City_DawgPalm_City_Dawg Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

IMO, McGarity has been the bane of UGA athletics for the duration of his tenure. None of the UGA Athletics sports have achieved highly during his reign as AD, and his unwillingness to invest $ in the programs is ludicrous! I agree that McGarity needs to be removed, and that he didn't learn squat from Jeremy Foley!

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

McGarity is all about the $$$$$ and the reserve fund. If we really want him gone we will have to have people like tarkenton and other boosters on board. I agree that he will ride kitty's coat tails and unfortunately we all want Kirby to be successful.

• ihateusernamesihateusernames Posts: 402 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2017

Well it appears that Kirby has gotten him to open up his wallet a little bit.

Hopefully they can show how important facilities are to these players and if we dont end up with a lazy river like at Clemson maybe we can at least get a slip and slide or a crocodile mile.

• SWGADAWGSWGADAWG Posts: 248 ✭✭✭ Junior

Mini Golf where it's at

• Palm_City_DawgPalm_City_Dawg Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SWGADAWG said:
    Mini Golf where it's at

Hey man...I understand! Maybe a slide too? That said, it's not the amenities, it's the culture! Change the culture, and the amenities come in second place!

• TheSmartWayTheSmartWay Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I really hope to see McGarity gone within the next year or two. The fact that Clemson has so far surpassed our facilities and on-field performance on all levels and sports is incredible. Frankly, losing top-tier football players to Clemson because they've fully invested in their program while we haven't is an embarrassment. Add my name to the list.

• amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don’t think Smart and the football program can save McGarity. It’s evident Smart is pushing hard to improve the football program and seems to be heading strongly in that direction. But think about this: Do any of you really think Stricklin and/or Fox is going to show a big turn around in baseball and basketball? I don’t. I think the ONLY reason they weren’t let go was McGarity’s conservatism shining through even more so. He has to be feeling the heat. I believe he kept those two because he didn’t want the added pressure of other coaches pushing to spend $$$ - these guys are just elated to still be employed, so they won’t rock the boat too much.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't think MacG is going anywhere very soon, Not even a "lynch mob" mentality on this board will carry much weight with the pres. Especially if the Dawgs have a successful couple of seasons on the gridiron.

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Im not all for firing McGarity. He is loyal. Basketball has had iPods and downs and Fox is a great coach but there's also "basketball schools" and we are keft with developmental talents which Fox has done okay. Hasn't or baseball coach been to the CWS? Richt averaged 10 wins a year in SEC thats not the easiest (even win FLA was winning Nattys). Now he got us Smart and the whole staff. The other sports i don't know much about but i think loyalty is his issue.

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

But if he gets fired what will a new AD do?

• RetiredRedcoatRetiredRedcoat Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Thelordjohnson said:

1. Spend money
    2. Actually aim at championships instead of also-ran status
    3. Win

@Thelordjohnson said:

A comprehensive plan for facilities improvements at UGA would be a good start. Trim some of McGarity's bad coaching decisions and start over. Giving Fox one more year makes sense, but this is his last shot. Stricklin should be gone. No excuse for baseball being as bad as it is.

Think you'd see donations increase substantially if alumni didn't think their money was just going to be hoarded by Ebenezer Scrooge rather than used.