Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

McGarity

2»

Comments

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@TheSmartWay said:
    I really hope to see McGarity gone within the next year or two. The fact that Clemson has so far surpassed our facilities and on-field performance on all levels and sports is incredible. Frankly, losing top-tier football players to Clemson because they've fully invested in their program while we haven't is an embarrassment. Add my name to the list.

I agree but not sure that McGarity is the problem. I think the whole University needs to get with the times and have less rigid polices.

• Options
    TheSmartWayTheSmartWay Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@andycapps said:

Think you'd see donations increase substantially if alumni didn't think their money was just going to be hoarded by Ebenezer Scrooge rather than used.

^^^THIS!!!

• Options
    VaBeachDawgVaBeachDawg Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2017

@Thelordjohnson said:
    Im not all for firing McGarity. He is loyal. Basketball has had iPods and downs and Fox is a great coach but there's also "basketball schools" and we are keft with developmental talents which Fox has done okay. Hasn't or baseball coach been to the CWS? Richt averaged 10 wins a year in SEC thats not the easiest (even win FLA was winning Nattys). Now he got us Smart and the whole staff. The other sports i don't know much about but i think loyalty is his issue.

Not sure I agree with giving him credit for smart and any underlying success smart brings. I remember a lot of people (myself included) who were growing very tired of "10 win seasons" that didn't even include an East title. Smart was one of the hottest commodities at the time and was trending to SoCar. Imagine the fallout if his recruiting talents went to Columbia and the chickens caught up AND PASSED us in the east arms race. No, Kirby was a can't miss hire so I do not give Mcgarity credit for making a simple, YCA kind of decision.

• Options
    andycappsandycapps Posts: 292 ✭✭✭ Junior

@VaBeachDawg said:

@Thelordjohnson said:
    Im not all for firing McGarity. He is loyal. Basketball has had iPods and downs and Fox is a great coach but there's also "basketball schools" and we are keft with developmental talents which Fox has done okay. Hasn't or baseball coach been to the CWS? Richt averaged 10 wins a year in SEC thats not the easiest (even win FLA was winning Nattys). Now he got us Smart and the whole staff. The other sports i don't know much about but i think loyalty is his issue.

Not sure I agree with giving him credit for smart and any underlying success smart brings. I remember a lot of people (myself included) who were growing very tired of "10 win seasons" that didn't even include an East title. Smart was one of the hottest commodities at the time and was trending to SoCar. Imagine the fallout if his recruiting talents went to Columbia and the chickens caught up AND PASSED us in the east arms race. No, Kirby was a can't miss hire so I do not give Mcgarity credit for making a simple, YCA kind of decision.

What you mention about Kirby trending to SC is exactly what made McGarity move so quickly. Can't let the guy that most of the boosters wanted go to SC.

• Options
    bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@andycapps said:

@Thelordjohnson said:
    But if he gets fired what will a new AD do?

A comprehensive plan for facilities improvements at UGA would be a good start. Trim some of McGarity's bad coaching decisions and start over. Giving Fox one more year makes sense, but this is his last shot. Stricklin should be gone. No excuse for baseball being as bad as it is.

Think you'd see donations increase substantially if alumni didn't think their money was just going to be hoarded by Ebenezer Scrooge rather than used.

This is spot on, if we had an AD that gave a **** We wouldn't be so far behind in the great facilities race. And boosters would definitely give more money if they knew what it was gonna be used for instead of squirreled away. I don't think an online fan forum is gonna carry any weight with the Prez though. But McG needs to go quickly he has been a thorn in the side for UGA athletics fans.

• Options
    andycappsandycapps Posts: 292 ✭✭✭ Junior

@bigdawg2223 said:

@andycapps said:

@Thelordjohnson said:

A comprehensive plan for facilities improvements at UGA would be a good start. Trim some of McGarity's bad coaching decisions and start over. Giving Fox one more year makes sense, but this is his last shot. Stricklin should be gone. No excuse for baseball being as bad as it is.

This is spot on, if we had an AD that gave a **** We wouldn't be so far behind in the great facilities race. And boosters would definitely give more money if they knew what it was gonna be used for instead of squirreled away. I don't think an online fan forum is gonna carry any weight with the Prez though. But McG needs to go quickly he has been a thorn in the side for UGA athletics fans.

I agree that an online forum isn't going to do anything. The only thing that will would be emailing the president, but I think he's likely aware of how unpopular McGarity is.

• Options
    bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@andycapps said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

@andycapps said:

@Thelordjohnson said:

I agree that an online forum isn't going to do anything. The only thing that will would be emailing the president, but I think he's likely aware of how unpopular McGarity is.

If he's not aware he's not a very good President