Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Notre Dame

124»

Comments

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've been a fan for 40 years as well, and I gave you an upvote, because I can definitely relate. However, I do believe this is a different era, a different coach, a different team. Actually, I think it's unquestionably the most talented team we've ever fielded. Just gotta win a championship to knock off the 1980 and 1942 teams to have a legitimate claim as best ever. Easier said than done, for sure, but I think this is our year.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A lot of ND players may not know what they SHOULD do. Need to watch the use of that word - in football and in life.

• Options
    VaBeachDawgVaBeachDawg Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I also see this as a 2 1/2 - 3 quarter game. If they game is played clean (no crazy penalties or 4 fumbles) and ND wins then we are not the team I think we are. Just the defense alone looks about 100% improved over last year.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not to take anything away from Notre Dame because they've got what looks like a very good team and football program, but going into this game if I had to I'd bet Georgia is going to run them off the field.

Yes, I realize we haven't played very stiff competition yet so I wouldn't bet the deed to the ranch.

There's always that old truism about how on any given Saturday...

It's not just a truism. It's actually true. That's why they play the game instead of just declaring the winner by popular opinion or polls, but it's also one of the many reason I'm not a gambling man.

Still, I bet before the game's over everyone knows this Georgia team is for real. If Notre Dame can beat us they've got a team which should be in the playoffs and should do well there, but I think they'll watch the playoffs at home and be in a very good bowl game.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm interested in the position group battles. Some of you have pointed out their vulnerabilities and it sounds like they're most susceptible to the run, in spite of their size and physicality on the o-line.

In some ways, I think we matchup better to an opponent that is more physical on the o-line than one that relies on quickness. And it's a home game. That is a big advantage in the college game. And Jake has never lost a home game.

Home field advantage is worth atleast 7 points just by itself.

Being a little conservative, I think we win 35-17.

• Options
    Filo_BettoFilo_Betto Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Last year we allowed the same game plan to beat us twice: Put our D in multiple 3rd and short, 4th and short situations and extend drives; keep the D on the field and not allow our running game/o-line to wear down the opposing D.

I don't think that game plan is tenable against a healthy Dawg D. Jordan Davis, Tyler Clark, Barnett, Young et al. will stay fresh enough throughout the game. ND will face a lot of 3rd and longs if they try to run.

What you'll likely see from them is short (run-like) passes to the flats to stay ahead of the chains and give Book a chance to scramble on 3rd down to keep a drive alive.

ND cannot simulate in practice the type of lateral speed we'll bring SAT night and they'll start to panic if we start pulling away.

If you see some early trick plays, fake punts/field goals or risky 4th down tries you'll know Kelley is desperate and realizes he just doesn't have the horses to keep up

Dawgs 42-10

• Options
    VaBeachDawgVaBeachDawg Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree about the defense, I think this game cements our suspicions that’s this unit is FAST across the board and can finish best in the country.