Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Notre Dame

Comments

• Options
    DAWGof96DAWGof96 Posts: 207 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I feel our team chemistry is more positive this year and our veterans experience will enable us to roll through opponents. I'm confident we'll walk the talk pre sugar bowl.

• Options
    DCochranDCochran Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In the first half, Louisville was running all over the ND defense. They finally got it together, but if Louisville, a team that had 2 wins in 2018 can run on them, then one of the top rushing teams in the country can run on them.

I think we win this game in the trenches. This is where we find out if our highly touted OL is contenders or pretenders. They may not overpower the Irish like they've done the weaker teams in these warm-up games, but this is where our strength, conditioning and depth should really show itself.

UGA 42 ND 23

• Options
    BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is the most talented team of my lifetime. We make a statement Saturday night vs. ND.

• Options
    PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

One other positive point is I don't think we have unfurled our best offense yet. We have probably passed more to exercise the passing game. I think ND will get both barrels from Coley. They will have to stop our run and that shouldn't be easy.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with most everything already discussed.

Notre Dame will be tough, physical, and ready. We're in for a wake up call. Not that we don't know it.

To me, the key will be in the trenches (as usual). I see a huge amount of potential in the Great Wall of Georgia but can they make the leap they have to make if we're to win this game? Frankly I'm not convinced they will, but I'm convinced they can. They've not impressed me considering their hype; I want to see a lot more from that group. Not saying they won't impress against ND, but we don't know they will, and they must for us to have a great offensive game.

It's possible we have a truly championship caliber defense. If we do, it doesn't much matter what our offense does.

Fact is, this is going to be a very revealing game. One team is going to come out having made a huge statement.

I always worry about the game next Saturday, but I know we are in good shape going into the week's practice. We have every opportunity to improve over the Arkansas State game.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    dawg723dawg723 Posts: 407 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Keep in mind last time notre dame was on the national stage they were embarrassed by Clemson. Handful of Uga players took to Twitter to express themselves at the expense of the Irish(not so sure it didn’t get Texas ready to play either). Notre Dame is going to be ready to play. I can certainly see we have the talent to do very well but for the reasons above I think we get the irish’s best shot almost like a rivalry game. I think we win if we play our game and avoid bad bounces...

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2019

@SoFL_Dawg Agree completely sir. IF Georgia plays to their collective team potential (both the players, AND then the coaches too) then I believe that Georgia simply pulls away... THAT is the question in my mind???.... with THE players, AND the coaches simply "doing what they do", with "no deer in the headlights." type moments for the DAWGS. GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    dgd829dgd829 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

100% agree with this take.

watching Clemson/Bama "struggle" gives me even more hope.

They are not the dominant teams that we have seen over the last 2-3 years.

They have regressed, and we have gotten stronger.

No doubt in my mind the we are the best, deepest, most complete team in the country.

• Options
    VaBeachDawgVaBeachDawg Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

For the people predicting ND scores 20-30 points, where do y’all see those coming from? I’ve watched about 65% of NDs games so far and haven’t seen a position group from them that I’m at all intimidated by.

I see two matchups that will prove fatal for ND: 1) ND linebackers vs our RBs/slot guys. They just have the athletes and We will get into the secondary early and often.

2) Book vs the pass rush. I don’t think book is faster than any OLB we have on the roster now that what’s his name is at UF. He is the secret in their sauce and I think the impact of his mobility will be completely negated.

• Options
    PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When I watch Book's highlights, I'm reminded a little of Mayfield. He keeps a cool head, moves around the pocket well, scrambles some and even runs effectively occasionally. He is tough and he loves his TE. I think he will challenge our D.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuO7G8coCzE

• Options
    skidmarksskidmarks Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

To Jim Wallace point above about the O line....

they have been trying diff comb and working on stuff...

if you remember they were that way last year very early ... then went to Columbia and stuffed their D with a dominant run game

then got better and better

I expect them to step up and step forward Sat

Go Dawgs !!

• Options

UGA scores in the 30's and ND doesn't make it to 20.

34-16 sounds right.

I think it'll be 27-6 at the start of the 4th when they light up Sanford red.

• Options

I think Pickens has a huge game vs ND.

7 catches for 125 yards and 2 TD's is very realistic.

I think he will have 2 SportCenter Top 10 catches in this game.

There is nobody that can cover him 1 on 1, yet teams have to, because of the respect for our running game.

This will be a 4Q game and he is by far our most talented WR. There will be ample opportunities for plays to be made.

There will be crucial 3rd & longs on Saturday, and through-out the season, where Pickens will be 1-on-1 and Fromm will just throw it up to him, and he'll make the play.

If the ball hits his hand(s) it's gonna be a catch.

Coley is not holding the offense back unlike previous play-callers.

• Options
    DAWGof96DAWGof96 Posts: 207 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I became a dawg fan while Herschel was running all over the SEC for Dooley. Unfortunately I don't remember when we beat ND for the 1980 season national championship. Saw us struggle while Goff was coach, got my hopes up during Donnan and Richt tenures. My confidence has never been higher than now. We start EATING again this Saturday night in Athens!! Kirby will have them ready!