Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Ungrateful and complaining fans

2»

Comments

• Options
    finesse92finesse92 Posts: 190 ✭✭✭ Junior

Just got off work and currently slightly inebriated myself, but I think that all the disagreements go along with us all being fans with our own unique perspectives. The line is always a bit subjective and that’s part of what makes forums like this exist in the first place. If there were definitively “right” or “wrong” stances then what would the point be in all of this? It’d all be pretty cut and dry imho

• Options
    DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

OK = How we could be a better team or I see disappointment on the horizon if say, we do not open up our O.

Not OK = That which harms the program through player or recruit bashing.

Be kind to fellow readers by letting things go.

People read for Intel, sometimes humor, few want to read back and forth about a poster defending himself because he was misunderstood.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Never played football at all. other in the back yard with cousins and neighbors. My HS didn't have FB.

Didn't play in college or the NFL, XFL. Arena League, CFB League etc.

Graduated from Santa Clara University and Arizona State University.

Have never posted drunk but often post while frustrated with other posters. Never posted while frustrated with the Dawgs.

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They still have Bama, LSU, and UGA on the schedule. Long way to go.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options

Most things are. The movies The Death Of Stalin and Dick are funny though.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,747 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I played football. Loved practicing and loved the game. Played on some very good teams, but wasn't fast enough to be particularly impressive or get drafted (that's a little joke).

Graduated from more than one college and university, but the first of these was the University of Georgia.

The only reason I don't post drunk is because I don't drink unless non-alcoholic beer counts (and it doesn't).

My most important qualification for participation on this board is the extreme degree to which I hate Florida, Auburn, and Tennessee. I also hate THE Ohio State University, Penn State, Pittsburg, sometimes Notre Dame, and sometimes South Carolina.

I am extremely grateful we have Kirby. I knew when we hired him he'd build a competitive team, a team which would show up, and above all, a team with the kind of stacked up layers of talent we call depth. I thought it would take a lot longer to do so than it has. He's been a great coach so far.

I believe we're in the early stages of the Golden Age of Georgia Football.

I plan to enjoy it.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options

Kirby is a superb coach, whether he'll be a championship coach will play out on the field. There are 500 Fortune 500 companies, that is rare, there is just 1 national champion at the highest level of college football per season, it's much rarer. The difference in a Saban and a near miss HC is at the smallest of margins.

• Options
    BiggDawgg63BiggDawgg63 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

A win is a win and against a top 10 team. Know they beat Virginia yesterday a top 20 team as much as I hate to say it I hope ND wins out. I want Florida and Auburn to keep winning so when we beat them it’s just more feathers in our cap. You have to think big picture. GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    edited September 2019

Yet that isn't how the HC with 6 national titles thinks or operates. Saban can win 40-6 and his focus is on the things he sees as being potential problems in future games. That is his magic, he thinks 10 moves ahead like a chess master while most HCs play checkers.

• Options
    swilkerson73swilkerson73 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yes, why should fans complain?

We should just shutup and accept the fact that we wont win National Championships

While the Alabama's, Auburn's, LSU's, Florida's, Ohio St's, OU's and others do.

This is spite of having incredible in state talent to pick from.

Yup, just shutup and stop your complaining Georgia fan. Hey we will win the SEC one or twice every decade.

So hang your hat on that.

• Options
    DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jim Wallace, out of curiosity why do you hate Pitt and do you hate PSU for reasons other than Jerry S tolerance.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,747 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 250 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Please reserve your judgement. Aubarn blew their ****.....ND will end up significantly better than Oregon and A&m will end up a 5 loss team. UGA is sitting well. 4-0, under the radar and lots of room for growth due to our youth! Good Dawgs