Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Potentially big MLB rule changes

2»

Comments

• Options
    donmedonme Posts: 140 ✭✭✭ Junior

Not to me. It's all part of the game I grew up loving. I will admit that adjusting batting gloves after every pitch is a bit much. I'd be fine doing away with the batting gloves all together.

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I respect your opinion. In regards to your comparison, there’s 16 football games (NFL) and 162 baseball games. I’m not saying cut games in half, but playing at a college baseball pace wouldn’t be so bad. It doesn’t take that long to take the field, get up to bat, or pitch.

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Now that would be a great rule. No batting gloves. Each game would speed up by 10 minutes. Playoffs by more, when batters are really just messing with them to calm their nerves, imo.

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The pickoff moves can be a tantalizing part of the game, we just happen to be in a longball era where stolen bases and hit and run don’t seem as important to the typical fan. If I hadn’t been born in Atlanta, and could have picked to be born a fan of any baseball team then I would have picked the 80’s St Louis Cardinals or Oakland A’s with Rickey Henderson as my 2nd choice. There’s just something about the duel between a good pitcher and a speedster on first base trying to manufacture a run.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

agree...but I think you and I both know the times when it gets excessive.

they could also bring back the bullpen car for pitching changes. limit the call of time during batting exchanges. limit mound visits. etc. simple stuff that could shave hours of time by the end of the year

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think this saves arms by the end of the season.

Guys loosening up and then coming in for 3 pitches wears their arms out by the end of the season.

would love to see a Dh too. I could care less about seeing a pitcher hit... boring!

less chance of a high-paid player pulling a hamstring

• Options
    TuckyDawgTuckyDawg Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Take about 20 games off the schedule. They need to have the series wrapped up by late September.

• Options
    donmedonme Posts: 140 ✭✭✭ Junior

I grew up with a 154 game schedule IIRC. That seemed to work fine. The playoffs push the Series into the winter....crazy. $$$$$$