Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Chris Milton is SAVAGE

2»

Comments

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Raiderbeater1 but the first comparison you mentioned was Joe Jackson... Thats a disgusting comparison if you know anything about Joe Jackson. If I would compare him to anyone it'd be Richard Williams (also heavily criticized).

@PTDawg ... Lonzo was probably overrated. He is a good hooper. His father brought him alot of attention and also took some "draft heat" off of Lonzo. He talked alot but behind the scenes his kids didn't falter and they each had chances to be in the NBA. Maybe 2 will even be top 3 picks.

@Bankwalker but the Lakers drafted Lonzo knowing this. I dont see him as a helicopter parent. Each child has made their choices and he supported each fully. They took three different paths.

@Baxleydawg I like Milton and I like Ball. Ball may say idiotic things just for himself but he's always been a dad and says the most supportive things (even when wrong).

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Lakers did not draft him knowing his father would be the distraction he was for the team. The guy was a joke the way he drew media to himself during and after Lakers games.

His kids didn’t falter? Define falter. I guess you’ve forgotten LiAngelo caused an international incident with his sticky fingers.

Pulling LaMelo out of HS and sending him to Lithuania was crazy. He would have been far better off staying home, but the BigBallerBrand needed all 3 kids to make it if the BBB was going to be worth the big bucks he had hoped. He used his more talented younger son to prop up his middle village idiot. Nobody would take LiAngelo without LaMelo. In the process, he burned LaMelo’s amateur status and has forced his kid to play in Lithuania, his own horrible JBA league, and now Australia The JBA was not beneficial for LaMelo. He was head and shoulders above anyone else in the league and thus did not develop during that year. He is a top draft prospect despite his father’s meddling, not because of it. In this regard, where LaMelo is concerned, he has been a terrible father by risking his future. The guy should be the poster child for what not to do when you have talented kids. In my opinion, he didn’t take heat off of Lonzo. He brought more his way.

Since you brought up his parenting when nobody else had....

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Everyone knew Lavar was gonna support his son wherever he was drafted. He basically put in all the work for his son to get drafted by the hometown team over a superior talent in Tatum but geuss he didn't do that. 🤷🏾‍♂️

His children were all set to instantly go to UCLA. LiAngelo stealing had NOTHING to do with Lavar. So naw you putting that on him is a cop out. Dig deeper you see LiAngelo was there WITH HIS COLLEGE TEAM. Then Lavar did all he could to get his child home safely.

LiAngelo was the first to actually sign overseas because of his shoplifting incident. He wanted a basketball career and was able to have one over seas. You are highlighting the bad of the guy. Lets point out facts. LaMelo didnt want to play against highschool kids after his freshman year. In case you dont know he was the best freshman in HS (Maxpreps honor), went 35-0 & won a state championship. Sophmore year the same results... He wanted a challenge. Lavar saw his middle son and they both ended up in the JBA (LiAngelo won MVP)... He didnt want to go to college. He wants to be in the NBA. He's also considered the second best prospect this year.

Predraft records on Lonzo got overlooked. His funky shot, lack of athleticism, etc all got overlooked because Lavar pointed out his vision, defense, and that despite the shot he got open looks. Lavar helped his children. May not have done it how you would have (I dont agree with his methods) but he did help them.

• LORLOR Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He does his best for them, but he seemed a distraction to LaMelo when he hit the league. Most questions were about his dad, from what I saw. His father was bashing coaches, front office decisions and generally supporting his son in a less than optimal way. I don’t necessarily equate that with being a bad father, though.

I don’t see the parallels with him and Milton, though. If Mr Milton starts bashing active coaches and putting his son in awkward spots because of his actions, then we can have this talk. At this point I see a guy protecting his kid and helping him realize his dreams.

• BaxleydawgBaxleydawg Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I like the fact that Ball is taking care of his kids. He’s probably guilty of living vicariously through them like a lot of dads. I find myself often wanting my son to do something I should have done or avoid a mistake I made. Hard to remember he’s his own person

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2019

Cool response... just wanted say that you can kiss my ever loving ****** Well crap that's banned also, BUT YOU GET MY MEANING.... RIGHT

• RandomFanRandomFan Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Everyone wave goodbye folks. Talking like this to a mod is how you get a vacation in timeout land

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

I've gotten worse. And someone has to try harder if you wanna visit the trollverse

Dont think so... but thanks for the cute send off. I loved that movie

• scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sure is a lot of holiday cheer going around lately. /s

• BigDawgBrinkBigDawgBrink Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2019

Chris Milton hasn’t shown us anything to say that he’s not just a good father who supports his son, even in the face of online trolling. When the shoe brand drops we can talk, but right now let’s just enjoy that his ultra talented son is coming to UGA and is bringing his boisterous father to help us troll other fan bases.