Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Chris Milton is SAVAGE

Kdubb0211Kdubb0211 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Comments

• DawgatronDawgatron Posts: 449 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Merry Christmas Mr. Milton! That guy always impresses me.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He has his kid’s back, but his twitter handle reminds me of Lavar Ball. He’s not anywhere near that level at the moment. Hopefully he never sours on us.

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Gonna get **** in Jacksonville next year.. I like it

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

U...G....L...Y is banned. My God what a sad site.

• CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It’s just a quirky part of the censor that got built in. No biggie

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lavar Ball is a good dad. Stop the bad optics. He's put each of his kids in great situations. Not as cash cows as he wants the best for his sons. He speaks super positive of each and tries to get each onto a different level. Hes a great dad.

Chris seems to do the same just isnt as vocal. He wants the best for his kids. Y'all got to stop the bad views on fathers being in their children's lives.

• scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Chris Milton already has one kid playing college ball, but at Fresno state and as far as I know he’s not a high NFL prospect so he is presumably getting an education. So I’d give him the benefit of the doubt as far as raising kids. 🤷‍♂️

• PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Does openly threatening an ESPN reporter in the middle of an interview and starting his own shoe brand with $500 shoes make him a good dad, too?

He does look out for good opportunities for his sons professionally but let's not oversell it. He looks out for himself and his name at least as much as that of his kids. Have been happy to not hear much about him lately to be honest.

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes. What did either of those have to do with being a father. Also said shoes allowed LaMelo to chase not going to HS and pursuing NBA dreams.

ESPN paid too much attention. When you see a black father do well for their children people make them look bad. If only people realized that a father being their in this industry and the black community its a huge positive.

• Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2019

”He wants the best for his sons”.

LOL...duh! They are his meal ticket genius! The more they make the more him can skim through their careers.

Lavar Ball is about Lavar Ball. Always has been and always will be.

Reminds me of a poor mans Joe Jackson.

Wow! You say Lavar being a black dad is why he’s attacked?!?!?! So many good fathers of these athletes and you are blaming Lavar being criticized (rightly so) is because he’s black?!?! 3rd party playing the race card lol. Just wow.....sad.

• PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2019

I do agree with you that he has the potential to be a significant positive force in his community. In his private life, he may very well be and I hope that he is. Publicly he comes across as presumptuous and self- promoting. I remember when his son was drafted and Lavar was talking about needing to pull Magic aside and talk to him about some moves the Lakers needed to make. I'm sure Magic was just waiting on pins and needles for that. That persona that he projects doesn't do one thing to help his kids.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

I wonder if he does that to divert negative attention from his sons on to him. Lonzo hasn’t had the best career and if they focus on LaVar, I think that helps. I could be off base, but that’s how I read it.

Hes like other popular public figures, I focus on what they do, not what they say

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,735 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's an ügly glitch in the system. We all know it is stúpid, but such is the automated censor. As long as you behave in a civil manner and act more or less like a lady or a gentleman all is well with the moderators. There are words which will get you kicked out of the place, but you know what they are.

Go, Dawgs!

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2019

Stop extrapolating. I didn’t say anything about Ball’s contributions as a father. I only implied he isn’t someone I would want attached to my team, and neither did the Lakers. We don’t need helicopter parents who make asses of themselves.

With Milton, It’s only coming across as him being protective right now. Are we going to get three years of him cussing at college students from other schools on twitter because they were critical of his kid? If so, then I can tell you right now there will be a lot of people shaking their heads. BTW, the comparison to Ball was over the top. I only thought of him because of the twitter handle.

• BaxleydawgBaxleydawg Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

BS. Nothing to do with race. Some folks don’t like Ball cause he says stuff like he could beat Jordan 1 on 1. Every one loves to see a good father. Fatherless homes are one of the biggest challenges facing kids today. 2 parent homes have only about a 10percent poverty rate much lower than single parent homes and much higher odds of the kids becoming successful. We can go to any news channel for endless race baiting and politics. This is football talk. I personally like Chis Milton but find Ball annoying. Mainly because of Ball trying to skip education and go straight into BBall only. However I do respect that he’s involved i his kids lives.

Milton doesn’t remind me of Ball at all. I like his public persona a lot more.