Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

COVID-19 Check-in

Comments

• deutcshland_dawgdeutcshland_dawg Posts: 1,595 mod

This is how the last one escalated as well. Just trying to head it off. As I said if you have an issue with the numbers then PM him. You can post your data as well but you don't have to attack anyone with the data. Just drop the information and let people decide for themselves.

• razorachillesrazorachilles Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2020

NH is great - Lake Winnipesaukee region is excellent year-round (Bill Murray's "What About Bob" and Adam Sandler's "Grown Ups" were filmed there if you're looking for a visual on the vibe). Boating, fishing, etc. in the Summer and snow machines, pond hockey and ice fishing in the winter. White Mountains (notable towns include Conway, Lincoln & Fraconia Notch) prime for skiing/snowboarding in the winter if you're into that; but also have nice trails & camping during the summer.

We have a small coastline compared to Maine and Massachusetts, but Portsmouth is a great coastal town which is just a 10 minute drive over the bridge to Kittery, Maine which has tons of retail outlets. Lots of harborside resturants and bars, shopping, etc. there...if you use it as a home base, the ride up the coast towards Portland, Maine through Kittery, York and Ogunquit is a great day trip (ie - drive through the towns on the way up, have dinner in Portland and then drive 90 mins on the highway back to Portsmouth).

If you ride, motorcycles are literally everywhere from April to October and no shortage of natural beauty to explore.

For those who aren't familiar- NH is Libertarianism Ground Zero...motto is "Live Free or Die" for a reason. No sales tax, no state income tax, no license required for loaded handguns in your vehicle and motorcycle helmets are optional. Many in the southern part of the state - myself included - work in Massachusetts but choose to live in NH. Great place to raise a family.

Thankfully - just 26 confirmed cases so far in NH thus far; the marjority linked to a faculty member at Dartmouth in Hanover (western part of the state near the VT border).

• razorachillesrazorachilles Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Steve_ZissouSteve_Zissou Posts: 307 ✭✭✭ Junior

MAGA c0wards spent years on here ripping Obama for his response to everything and I get mod'd

• armeckarmeck Posts: 107 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited March 2020

First confirmed case in Houston County. I fully expect these numbers and locations to increase rapidly as testing becomes more readily available.

• Huntindawg81Huntindawg81 Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe I'm selfish and it may be the Marine in me speaking, but I love carnage. life would be boring without a little dose every now and again lol. Adapt and overcome, I guess huntin season just opened back up. (insert evil smiling emoji here)

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,646 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep. My daughter was recently accepted for a study abroad program in London, England. We were all so excited for her. It was cancelled. We are all heartbroken. Hopefully when this all blows over she can reapply and maybe go next year (she still has one more year left of college).

• Steve_ZissouSteve_Zissou Posts: 307 ✭✭✭ Junior

I love how you don't want it to be political.... now

• UGA_2019UGA_2019 Posts: 157 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • deutcshland_dawgdeutcshland_dawg Posts: 1,595 mod

Just heard a pretty big update, at least too me. They have suspended trash service in my local area. I'm not sure what they are thinking but the quickest way to spread disease is to stop collecting trash. There was a Waste Management strike in Naples that lasted months and it got so bad no one could drink the tap water. Hundreds of thousands of bottles of water had to be shipped in. They evacuated all US Military sponsored civilians out of Naples. Only Active Duty service members and mission essential govt civilians and contractors where allowed to stay. Hopefully this does not happen here but a couple weeks of no trash pick up and its going to get ****.

• Tdub0199Tdub0199 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2020

1 case here in Carroll County (University of West Georgia faculty member) has been reported as of this morning. The person infected has not been on campus since March 11th so they say.

This discussion has been closed.