Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Hey Y'all. Governor Kemp says to start wearing a mask in public or............

13»

Comments

• Options
    CaliforniaDawgCaliforniaDawg Posts: 674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If the US had addressed the virus effectively as Italy did, you are right we would all be enjoying life. But the Italian response was more organized and systematic. Gawd did i just say the Italians are have been more organized than us? Ugh.

Ive often said if we were all on the same page and took it seriously, we could get mostly rid of the virus and move on. But our fragmented and start/stop some folks are in some folks resist approach is allowing the virus to spread. We have to be united or our economy truly will be hurt by this. I dont understand the economy vs the virus thing as wearing a mask and stopping the virus is the single biggest thing all of us can do to help our economy and maybe hopefully have a college football season.

• Options
    CaliforniaDawgCaliforniaDawg Posts: 674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree Italy made missteps and their initial response left something to be desired. But, they did get their act together and have the virus largely under control. I speak to Italians every week if not every day in my work and so I hear the perspective of small business owners in Italy. They were glad the country was cautious and glad that life is returning to normal. They think doing it right and moving on at the time felt hard, but when they look at the US, they shudder and are grateful that they were able to have strict enough measures that got them over the hump.

• Options
    Filo_BettoFilo_Betto Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think every country will have its own unique dynamics. There are a lot of Chinese expats in the north and that was the original entry point. Interestingly, the virus never spread widely in the south and in Sicily like the experts predicted even though Italians were still traveling there before the movement restrictions were in place.

Italy is an economic basket case and will be even more so after this. Hopefully the virus has run its course for now and kids and healthy adults can get on with their lives. By the way, I'm not hearing of any Covid pregnancies like I expected but have heard of a lot of strained marriages.

• Options
    DGDinNYCDGDinNYC Posts: 748 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm hearing Michigan vs Washington week one will be cancelled. Likely replace Washington with a Directional Michigan school. Likely Eastern Washington.

Apparently the new push is to remove all games that require air travel and replace with car/bus.

This week you'll likely see some D1 schools starting to cancel seasons completely. Those that elect to try and play will play some schools twice in order to get a season in. Apparently the numbers are out of control in locker rooms across the country.

There's also growing momentum for postponing till Spring, especially with the Novartis news.