Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Fields in Athens last night???

Comments

• Options
    NIKEAIR2014NIKEAIR2014 Posts: 237 ✭✭✭ Junior

It seems like fields is trying to build a relationship with the players .. I can't help but to think he's a UGA lean

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Reeldawg said:

@Denmen185 said: I agree it was meaningful. The question is in what context. I think Kirby may not have wanted Justin and/or his family going to the MB Stadium without having personally spoken with him "face to face" for a month.

Do think JF is still undecided?

90% of the time I think he is already committed based on logic (Moore and Jackson plus O Line and 2019 receivers). The other 10% is I know everything points to him to UGA but what if? I really think he is already on board just wish he would commit to save on the anxiety.

• Options

@Reeldawg Just to show you what I mean, if I was told there was a 1 in 500 chance I would win the the lottery I would say no chance. However when I had angioplasty I was told that there was a 1 in 500 chance something could go wrong my thought was "That's it I'm dead"

• Options
    dawgbybirthdawgbybirth Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I hope it it a good sign, not professional courtesy saying going to ....
    Hope & Paranoia are close neighbors in my head following recruits.

• Options
    ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dawgbybirth said: . . . Hope & Paranoia are close neighbors...

I think I have this mentality.

@Denmen185 said:
    @Reeldawg Just to show you what I mean, if I was told there was a 1 in 500 chance I would win the the lottery I would say no chance. However when I had angioplasty I was told that there was a 1 in 500 chance something could go wrong my thought was "That's it I'm dead"

The reason @dawgbybirth's comments resonate with me as does your antidotal example is because when I had my stint put in (I'm not that old either) they told me about 1 in 1000 go wrong.

I also thought "That's it I'm dead".

I think I am just going to wait and enjoy these precious Saturdays.

• Options

I had mine put in in 2000 and have felt better ever since :D

• Options
    BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Reeldawg , @Denmen185 .... just a thought, but with all the heart problems, y'all might want to find a another hobby.... shuffle board, knitting, or maybe a good book club..... LOL

Also, my train of thought is that I just can see them getting together like that just to go their separate ways. The only way that is the case is, as @Denmen185 pointed out, was Kirby making a last second pitch and change his mind..... just don't see that...

• Options
    gadiggergadigger Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

It said earlier that the fields watched the fight with the other team members. If they were blowing Georgia off would they watch the fights after dinner? Have not heard if this was true or not so looking for the positive.

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What I want to know is how they handled the elephant in the room, Jake Fromm.

Kirby's been doing this awhile though. Surely he's well versed into how to skate around the issue, emphasize competition while also talking about how great the current recruit he's going after is...

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:
    What I want to know is how they handled the elephant in the room, Jake Fromm.

Kirby's been doing this awhile though. Surely he's well versed into how to skate around the issue, emphasize competition while also talking about how great the current recruit he's going after is...

Fields said he wants to see how much playing time Fromm gets. If he doesn't get a lot of playing time, he feels he'll be neck and neck in the QB battle to take over after Eason leaves. If Fromm gets a lot of playing time, and does well, he'll probably go to FSU. If Fromm doesn't play well, he'll probably feel he has a good shot to beat him out. This was said months ago, so he may realize he can't see how the whole season play out with Fromm before he commits. That is, if he wants to help build the class at the school he chooses.

• Options
    DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@gadigger said:
    It said earlier that the fields watched the fight with the other team members. If they were blowing Georgia off would they watch the fights after dinner? Have not heard if this was true or not so looking for the positive.

KS and JF's family had dinner that night. IMO, it was either A) JF and his family saying we are committed to Georgia B) JF and his family giving KS the worst scenario and saying that chose FSU C) More pitches to JF's family. Either way, I know I created the 3 choices because you were probably thinking B). If JF and his family told them that they were going to FSU, JF wouldn't want to watch the fight with the Georgia players.

• Options

Btw, those smiley faces are the letter B with a )

• Options
    edited August 2017

No Crystal balls moving, so the experts see no difinitive change to their opinion. Do think the meeting this weekend, the Sept 3rd father refrence to a possible decision, does mean a conclusion close at hand. Fields where ever he goes to play just has to be good enough to become opt 1. Jake Fromm just has to be better Opt 1 if Fields comes. Injury's part of the game, next man up is important, you want a excellent quarterback room if your a great competitor. No doubt these men are alpha competitors.

• Options

@dawgbybirth said:
    No Crystal balls moving, so the experts see no difinitive change to their opinion. Do think the meeting, the Sept 3rd father refrence, does mean a conclusion close at hand. Fields where ever he goes to play just has to be good enough to become opt 1. Jake Fromm just has to be better Opt 1 if Fields comes. Injury's part of the game, next man up is important.

Again, I've said this about the CBs for JF. If you look at the insiders, a majority of them are out of region. I don't read into any CBs for JF unless they come from an ACC or SEC insider. Some of these insiders jump on the CB bandwagon and choose the school that is already leaning in favor for the recruit. At the end of the day, it's just a point system. Are you going to believe in a CB that came from some guy out in Illinois or from a SEC insider?

Or you could just follow the visits and recruits and know that JF loves Georgia and all of his package deals are committing to Georgia. ;)

• Options

Excellent points.

• Options
    Midnite_TrainMidnite_Train Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2017

@dawghouse said:
    If CKS was looking to change his mind from commuting to FSU he would have driven himself out to Kennesaw.

This^^^.

Kirby would've been at Field's doorstep the millisecond his school bus returned from Rome if he was making a last ditch effort.

This is an extremely promising sign to me...you think there werent countless fight parties the Fields family coulve been attending? And like someone mentioned earlier, you don't spend 4+ hrs with someone who you plan on giving bad news.

Fields mind is set to Athens, and an **** two first games is the only thing I see changing that

• Options
    RedDawgRedDawg Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bag it and Tag it Boys. Its a done deal.

Everyone here brought up great points. If you take the devils advocate POV and really think about how this visit could have been a negative it ends up not making any sense. Its pretty clear this was a very good visit.

Spent all day in Athens Apparently:

Went to practice and watched our dawgs work (prob spying on fromm)
    Then went to dinner with fam and KS
    Then chilled ALL night watching the fight with the GA Boys (that fight ended at like midnight)
    Long drive home feeling all warm and fuzzy inside (had dreams of red and black)

Get er done did, flip er over and doer again. Fields is GA bound. There is no way anything was negative in this visit. Good move on CKS and team for getting this visit arranged prior to the game this weekend. I'm willing to bet it was a silent commit weekend. "Hey Coach I want you to know I'm GA bound and to not worry"