Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Eddie VH- Another goes way too young

1235»

Comments

• dawfanfromalabamdawfanfromalabam Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Rx, Casanova - don’t let it haunt you. I begged, cajoled, pleaded, visited, tried to stay in touch and nothing worked. They have to do it for themselves. Unfortunately friends and family have little sway. Hideous addictions.

EVH smoked, did drugs, drank yet thought keeping a metal guitar pick in his mouth caused the tongue cancer. Said some docs kinda wondered if he was right. Who knows, but all the partying wouldn’t have helped - which he admitted. RIP dude.

• GradyDawg85GradyDawg85 Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

D*mn @pgjackson, with "first" guitars like that, I gotta ask what your first car - or cars - was? Cobra, Dino and a SuperBird? ;^)

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,611 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Meh...shop around and be patient and you can find great deals on guitars. Paid $250 for my MiM Strat. It also helps to have a brother who is in the industry.

• SavageSavage Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jamie's cryin.....when we win it all.

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

More like “Somebody get me a doctor “

• Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I couldn't agree more. Gilmore is in my Top 3 all time favorite guitarists, because of the tone, emotion and concepts he could convey through his playing. If you fast forward to the 7:00 mark of Echoes you can get an idea of what I'm talking about. The guitar work is haunting.

• Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I bought my son a PRS for his first guitar. He still plays it along with a gorgeous American made Strat I got him.

• GradyDawg85GradyDawg85 Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

NICE @Casanova_Flatulence - you shoulda been my Dad! ;^) My first was a 6-string Stella I bought with lawn mowing money.

My "strat" is a frankenstrat, not the true deal; `79 neck, w/the same 3-pickup config as an American made and a dense non-fender body that brings her weight to 13 lbs - definitely pretty, but not a stand up gig guitar. Main acoustic is a `71 Glen Campbell Ovation that was gifted to me by a friend's Dad who wrote for ARS. Before it came to me it suffered a serious crack in the headstock when the boys in the band got a little rowdy at their cabin on Eufaula (I think it was), so it doesn't come out of the case much these days. A Washburn J-10 Orleans in natural finish caught my eye on eBay - and she's beautiful in looks and tone, beautiful through an amp, - I've never gotten used to the flat-wound strings, to be honest. The guitar I play the most cuz i leave it out without worry, is a 3/4 classical I bought for my daughter almost 20 yrs ago. SAd, but true.

Getting back on track, I think I'm with a lot of y'all on Gilmore; if I could play like one guy, it might be him. I think it was pgjackson who used the perfect word to describe his playing- sublime.

• dawg3480dawg3480 Posts: 11 ✭✭ Sophomore

There will never be a Guitarist like Eddie Van Halen.

Really hate we will never get to enjoy seeing him again.

His music will live on forever .

• 70dawg70dawg Posts: 273 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Dang...had to dig 5 pages back to get back to Edward!! Watchin youtube and remembering all the good times and blessed times I saw him/them live!!!!

DLR or Sammy, its a debate that will outlive us all!!

Go Dawgs n RIP Eddie.....

• 70dawg70dawg Posts: 273 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Old Sammie n Old Michael are still kickin A$$ on the youtube for Eddie..... Right Now!!!

Maybe Kirby should watch, cause right now is Dawgs time and he's muffin this away with his ride or die QB....

Our top contenders get their young stud QBs in the game by either need or foresight and let them run the offense just for duhhhhhhh!!!!!!