Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia-Alabama Live Blog: Nick Saban says 'Who's going to blink?'

SystemSystem Posts: 7,421 admin
edited October 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia-Alabama Live Blog: Nick Saban says 'Who's going to blink?'

Georgia football live blog, updates on scoring, injuries and news from the Bulldogs game against Alabama in Tuscaloosa on Saturday night

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Can't start slow this game, i don't think Kirby can accept 3 loses to Saban. he is going to pull out all the stops. this is the national championship game right here right now!

No excuses, GATA,

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Offense still young and suspect, though maturing each game. Ole Miss stayed right with Bama 3.5 quarters. Today, Ark has stopped Ole Miss cold for 2.5 quarters so far!? ...20-zip. I think UGA can hang with Bama. If the Dawgs mean business early, UGA will win.

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

GOOOOOOO DAWGS!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I keep going back and fourth on who I think will win. Georgia coming in with a new OC - re-tool of the offense in progress and so many young and first year starters is not ideal. Then I watch the Alabama defense and I think it may not matter?

For all the yards and points that Ole Miss put up on Alabama they're getting beat by Arkansas.

This one really could come down to turnovers, and then it could also come down to the officials. I hope not...

• Options

Game time, go get them.

• Options

We are about to see what we are made from right now.

• Options
    FalconUGAFanFalconUGAFan Posts: 140 ✭✭✭ Junior

Settle down Dawgs.

• Options
    randyglass14randyglass14 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

I like Stetson and his story...but he’s just too short to get us where we want to go. AL will eat us up tonight I’m afraid until we finally get an elite QB. Hang in there Dawgs...love you but this may be a long night unless we get a bunch of turnovers.

• Options

or at least roll Stetson out and get him out of the pocket...only chance we have.

• Options

Someone please catch a pass to help little Stetson out!!

• Options

Bama is rubbing on crossing routes, that's why they get that middle separation

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

seems they’ve calmed down a bit. Gotta tackle better and catch better. Will see how it goes!

go dawgs!

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited October 2020

Ga gave up a fg, which is ok. But can't afford too many of those clock eating and high number of plays per drive. Or it will start to add up.

Stetson's height is an issue so far. That last fg drive should of had another first down. Can't see over the line. Too many batted balls so far. That screen to Cook should of been a first down.

And now Kirby is playing prevent defense on the last drive of the half.

• Options

1 on 1 George all day

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The officials are up to their old one-sided games.

How many times do they have to jump off side before they will make the call against Alabama. Answer 2- and they clearly didn't want to do it then. If Bennett had called for the hike, Georgia does not get that call.

Despite the officials, Georgia 24 - Alabama -20 at the half.

• Options

Second-half adjustments, gata

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2020

1st half observations...

We have got to find a better and more consistent way to disrupt, harass, pressure or better yet, sack Jones...Stet has got to GROW a few inches and learn to put more arch on his passes...other than that I think we're playing a good game. Glad to see Cook, Pickens, and Milton contributing. Now if we can just make any other needed adjustments and FINISH THE DRILL!!

2nd half and game observations...

Stetson's inexperience, poor decision making, and interceptions cost us the game in the 2nd half...he'll get better but he'll feel this loss. Hopefully we'll see the Tide again in the SEC Championship game...GO DAWGS!