Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football championship dreams on hold until nightmare quarterback situation is solved

124»

Comments

• randyglass14randyglass14 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

Couldn't state the state of UGA football any better than Bill King: "Inflating your recruiting standing by loading up your defense with more 5-star linebackers than you can play is not going to win national championships nowadays. If Smart really wants to elevate his program to the same level as Alabama, Clemson and Ohio State, he’s going to have to get serious about signing (and keeping) top-rated quarterbacks. And, yes, I know Georgia has one slated to come in next year, but the problem they’re facing now is a result of poor recruiting at that position (and wide receiver) over the past two seasons since Fields was in Athens. The fact that the Dawgs were depending on a graduate transfer QB who bailed on them for a season in which they legitimately thought they had a shot at making the playoff speaks volumes about the lack of priority Smart has put on building his offense in the same way he’s built his defense."

All I can see is that we're OFFICIALLY in trouble as a program. And it will take several years and perhaps even a HC change to get there. Don't underestimate where we are....we are not in a good place Dawg fans!

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

By his actions on the sideline Dwan is extremely immature kid. Can that be coached out of him? Has it been coached out of Pickens? Looking distraught, feeling sorry for yourself with you head in your hands isn't a good look when the game has time left enough to make a go at it.

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You need to do some research before making baseless claims. Even playing in the All Cupcake Conference, Dabo was very average his first five years and not even close to Kirby in the SEC! Even with a future NFL talent in Watson, it took Dabo three years to develop him into a championship quality QB. I understand the disappointment in this year’s team, but that shouldn’t make so many in Dawg Nation mindlessly delusional!

• SteelerDawgSteelerDawg Posts: 71 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm sorry but if I see Stetson Bennett in a game again this season I'm never writing another check to this program until they win a national championship. I would rather end up in the Peach Bowl with a developed QB for next year than pretending this team is a championship team only to lose badly to Alabama, Clemson, and the like.

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2020

May have took 3 years BUT He was still able to develop him.. You said it. Kirby has yet to prove he can and I don't see it changing when he's a defensive coach. Fromm regressed every year he was here under Kirby. Let the OC do what he's paid to do, or you'll be looking for another real soon.. FAR from delusional. But believe what you like if it helps you sleep at night.

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2020

And most of Kirbys success came his first 2 years as a coach.. With recruits from the previous coach. Chubb, Michel leave for the NFL and don't come back their senior year, UGA never makes the SECCG. Kirby inherited a program in MUCH better shape than Dabo did.. So who is being mindlessly delusional???