Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football championship dreams on hold until nightmare quarterback situation is solved

Comments

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I might argue that CKS did better with Mark Richt's recruits than he has with his own. Sony Michel, Nick Chubb, Leonard Floyd, Terry Godwin, and several others. He should have won the NC with them, but he tried to run out the clock. Not a good coaching tactic. We had the best team in the nation that year and still let BAMA beat us.

• GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

Kirby talks about eye candy from the two teams they have lost to by giving up over 40 points. I think it is team for Georgia to use some eye candy with the offensive output they have shown. Looking at how they played against Kentucky with two weeks of preparations, we could have not expect them to play better this week. Especially the offense. Don't know what is happening with the defense lately. Probably the lack of offense is rubbing off.

• SAVDGDSAVDGD Posts: 860 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My deepest concern is this. Same with Richt, we picked a proven coordinator rather than a proven HC to lead a power 5 program. It's not that it's impossible (Swinney), it's just a gamble that could take time as they learn on the job. Clemson won a natty in year 8, Richt never won one in 15.

• jbryan09jbryan09 Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

You **** Kirby. Give JT Daniels a chance to play or go find another job.

• TIMLAW10TIMLAW10 Posts: 46 ✭✭ Sophomore

it would be nice if coach would stop lying about his injury report. Jordan might play. George will play. I understand he needs to confuse the opposition, but questionable does that. Now, when Kirby says someone is a little "banged up" I'm fairly certain they are out.

• latemodelraylatemodelray Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

If JT Daniels or some other yet to be seen QB is not the QB come next game then CKS should no longer be the coach at UGA

The man is a joke of a head coach. His ability to pick a starting QB is limited. He stifles talent and potential while promoting and playing the guy with limited ability ..... I know some of you love Fromm but lets face it the guy didnt hold 2% the ability or possibilities of leading the team to the greatest heights that Eason or Fields would have

As for CKS and his Defenses .... They look great till he faces a good passing QB then they look like chumps as they get picked apart unable to stop anything ..... I have noticed a key cog to his defense is that the QB is not able to connect with the open wr . If the QB is then his defenses are full of holes

• DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We'll probably lose to Missouri.

• RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

"Fromm never lost to florida."

Ha ha....I wonder who would you rather have back there right now, Jake Fromm or Justin Fields?

So many UGA fans hated on Fields and some are still calling him a coward, even talking about Newman. They were in Athens, smelled it, and left, so say what you will....but the problem is in Athens.

• Trey33Trey33 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

PLAY BECK HES A GUNSLINGER AT THIS POINT ID RATHER FINISH THUS SEASON EVALUATING TALENT THERE NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE INDEPENDENCE BOWL AND THE CITRUS THIS YEARS A FAILURE THAT BAD THING ABOUT IT IS NEITHER DANIELS OR BECK IS GETTING TO LEARN THE OFFENSE AND WE KNOW KIRBY NO MATTER HOW MUCH PROMISE HE SHOW BROCK WONT START NEXT YEAR DUE TO KIRBYS OLD MAN SYNDROME

• GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

Now there should not be any reason nor an excuse for Kirby to start Daniel or Beck at quarterback. He stated he plays the quarterback that give the team the best chance to win. He started Bennett Saturday, he didn't get it done. He gave Mathis a second chance, he didn't get it done. Kirby you say next man up.... well that would be JT or Carson for this upcoming Saturday. In addition, Kirby while you, your staff, and team watches film...you all will notice that Florida like Alabama ran the same plays over and over because the defense couldn't stop them. Maybe when our offense find something that works, please do the same and stop changing the offense up trying to out strategizing the defense and the offense. Make changes only when necessary and that's when the defenses stops you. Sometimes out side noises see outside the box not down the tunnel. Lastly, do not turn Georgia into a school that is known as a quarterback killer for top talent. For example, Eason and Fields.

• GoodLifeGoodLife Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Dabo's future only changed when the university began to spend huge on their program. Prior to "Dabo World" being constructed, Clemson was merely a good team. And Richt did fairly well against Clemson BTW in head to head matchups. I'll say again, THE primary reason UGA took significant steps forward in the past 5 years is NOT because of the HC change, it is because the university is finally putting money into the program to make it competitive with the other top schools in the conference. Prior to 2015, if you were a 5 star athlete, where would you take your talents after seeing the facilities, coaching, support staff, disparities at UGA?? Richt, at most, had maybe (2-3) 5 stars on the roster at any given time. Kirby now has 5-6 times that amount. And trust me, had UGA program funding stayed like it was under Richt, even Kirby could not get the elite players on campus. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying UGA did not need a coaching change back in 2015, but I am having a growing apprehension that Kirby probably isn't the guy.

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree, Defense is good against average teams, and highly overrated against top teams.. Before yesterday, Dawg wins came against 4 teams with a combined record of 10-11. The 2 teams with a combined record of 10-1 exposed an average defense

• RighteousRighteous Posts: 18 ✭ Freshman

Some great points below. I still don't understand why we continued to play Man coverage after they feasted on that scheme. Mathis didn't play good BUT he had the arm talent to stretch the field which opens up the run game and he is a threat with the RPO's. We were down 4 receivers (Blaylock, Pickens, Rosemary's ain't, and Burton got hurt)