Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Gator troubles - 10 players now suspended for UF

13»

Comments

• Options
    bhs11bhs11 Posts: 457 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

There are more coming!

• Options
    JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"A source tells Spectrum Sports more players will be suspended in the future due to their involvement in the ongoing UFPD investigation."
    http://www.mynews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/sports/article.html/content/news/articles/bhsn/2017/8/30/florida_gators_footb.html

• Options
    RedDawgRedDawg Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2017

Well I'll just wait see what happens, hopefully the players are treated fairly. Not overly punished, and certainly not let off the hook. FAIR...if there is such a thing in the swamp

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Fair would be after the WGOCP, right?

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:
    If re-instatement is dependent upon NCAA approval, good luck. That could take a LONG, LONG time. Seems like Gurley's went on forever back in the day.

Gurley's went on 5 weeks, 4 games but it was only 3 weeks for the investigation as 2 weeks were additional suspension imposed by NCAA. As I mentioned above the UNC deal was all season for about 11 of the 13/14 involved although that was not illegal activities. Even then most cases were never resolved (UNC held them out for fear of forfeiture of games IF they were ineligible)

• Options
    RedDawgRedDawg Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Denmen185 said:

@donm said:
    If re-instatement is dependent upon NCAA approval, good luck. That could take a LONG, LONG time. Seems like Gurley's went on forever back in the day.

Gurley's went on 5 weeks, 4 games but it was only 3 weeks for the investigation as 2 weeks were additional suspension imposed by NCAA. As I mentioned above the UNC deal was all season for about 11 of the 13/14 involved although that was not illegal activities. Even then most cases were never resolved (UNC held them out for fear of forfeiture of games IF they were ineligible)

Yep, this could end up a nightmare case for the Gators. Like I said, I will wait to hear the full details of what happened and the current expectations for punishments.

The investigation starting before the season helps them a little by burning up some of the time it takes to investigate without games on the line. But with it involving soo many players this could take a while. But they def saved around 2 weeks by this starting during camp and not during the season.

• Options

@RedDawg said:

@Denmen185 said:

@donm said:

Yep, this could end up a nightmare case for the Gators. Like I said, I will wait to hear the full details of what happened and the current expectations for punishments.

The investigation starting before the season helps them a little by burning up some of the time it takes to investigate without games on the line. But with it involving soo many players this could take a while. But they def saved around 2 weeks by this starting during camp and not during the season.

Bear in mind that the suspension is fromm all team activities not the game only. Therefore no meeting, practice etc. which puts them back more than just game(s) missed.

• Options

from. Freudian slip

• Options
    DGD28DGD28 Posts: 200 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If i was a betting man I put the house on Michigan at -5 1/2

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate