Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Seriously, Kyle PItts??? Falcons just dont want fans!!!

Comments

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Herschel Walker is what I think of when you say things like "generational talent". Michael Jordan. Tom Brady.

But like donmedeiros said, rock on with your optimism.

• Options
    BillyDawg1BillyDawg1 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't care who Pitts played for in college, I only care what he does with The Falcons. If he turns out to be special, it will have been a good pick. If he's just another good TE they will always be second guessed though. If Fields or Jones turn out to be great they will be second guessed, regardless of what Pitts does.

I do think Pitts might prove be a real difference maker though. If he develops his route running to an elite level there might not be a defender in The NFL who can play man coverage against him alone. With their other weapons it might give Ryan the tools to have anothrer few MVP like seasons. Of course the next QB would also benefit from having a great hybrid TE/WR on the field.

There is a big question whether Julio Jones will be traded with his big contract, but unless management can unload the entire value of his contract to clear space on the cap, plus get either players or draft picks in return, they might keep him.

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2021

Update:

Chiefs have four UGA players after signing Malik Herring as a UDFA. Other Dawgs include DeAndre Baker (2019 Rd1, released by NYG after off-field issues), Mecole Hardman (2019 Rd2), and Tyler Clark (UDFA 2020).

And if you like the Browns due to Chubb, keep in mind they just drafted Richard LeCounte as well. Plus they have a lot of other SEC players including Odell Beckham, Jadaveon Clowney, Grant Delpit, Myles Garrett, Ronnie Harrison, Jarvis Landry, Greedy Williams, and Mack Wilson.

• Options
    WebslingrWebslingr Posts: 184 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Maybe so Barking....but to the point of the thread....can you imagine the Falcons taking Fromm couple years back? He had shown a bit of promise at the College level as well...definitely looked like a capable backup,...which is what ur normally looking at with a late ropund QB, right??

For whatever reason, this just seems to be a Falcons thing...hard to figure:(

p.s. I'm not an avid NFL watcher anymore, but I will be forced to root for the Browns and GIANTS this year. Believe I can watch the Browns in public, but backing the GIANTS will need to be clandestine....cuz of The Rule for Life #19. Hey, I don't make the rules:)

• Options
    emanresuemanresu Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pitts is gonna be great. Barring injury he's about as close to a can't miss prospect as they come, that being said it was still the wrong pick, every bit as wrong as choosing Fromm over Fields when Fields was here and you'll realize that soon enough .The curse lives on.

• Options
    BarkingDawgBarkingDawg Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I here you. Kinda hard to say go Browns and Giants so I just cheer for our UGA players.

Frank’s change after leaving UF is what catches my attention, but his connection to Pitts while at UF makes his signing make more sense. Fromm’s strength was chemistry with certain WRs he worked better with and Frank’s already works well with Pitts (who doesn’t) and this might help him.

• Options
    MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2021

If you are an NFL fan, you don't really carry a lot of college-rivalry baggage. Like Ga-Fla. You're just excited about the whole NFL-Draft process.

That scene in Nashville two years ago? Crazy. The prospect of a similar scene in Vegas? That would've been insane. Unfortunately, it didn't happen.

And this year at the Rock 'N Roll HOF? I thought the live music and family celebrations were fantastic.

And if you're a Bear's fan like me, you gotta love the Justin Fields pick.

• Options

Hopefully though the Falcons will go QB in the 1st rd next year because I really love JT Daniels as a prospect and I'd love for the Falcons to take him and groom him behind Matt for a couple of years. Thing about that though is that after witnessing what Brady did at age 43 last year Matt may decide to stick around awhile.

• Options
    dirtypantsdirtypants Posts: 259 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The Colts drafted some clown from UWG one pick ahead of Richie, and I am livid. I'm gonna be a full time browns fan this year and cheer for Rodrigo in blue. But I'm about over the lack of UGA talent in Indianapolis.

• Options
    donmedeirosdonmedeiros Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UWG ? Do you mean the U of West Georgia? I looked up the Colts' draft and couldn't find any mention of anyone from West Georgia or any UWG. Perhaps a different school? Not sure why you would call him a clown - if he was good enough to be drafted he must have something to offer.

• Options
    dirtypantsdirtypants Posts: 259 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The University of West Gainesville. fLLLoriduh. Whichever you choose.

• Options
    donmedeirosdonmedeiros Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ah! Thanks. Having coached at the "other" UWG (Carrollton) I was pretty excited we might have had a kid drafted.

• Options

The drafting of Pitts was a win now move given the short shelf life of NFL Head Coaches and Arthur Blanks age so they'll try to simply outscore people with Julio, Calvin Ridley and Pitts leaving Defenses with no good answers if Matt has time to throw so I totally get the pick and though I would've taken the best QB in the draft, Fields, maybe Arthur Blanks age and the sense of urgency to win now drove this decision so I get it. If they can run the ball well ENOUGH, protect Matt Ryan and field at least a top 15 Defense (Which is a longshot) then they have a punchers chance of making the playoffs so I get the pick.

• Options
    BillyDawg1BillyDawg1 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2021

If Pitts becomes a great TE the pick will be very good long term, probably short term as well, but management has put out the word he has a lot to learn, the kid is just 20 years old. That being true, I see your point. Picking a LT or a QB would have been looking at the next generation of players, this definitely could make Ryan's job easier. Of course great TEs often have long productive lives in The NFL.

• Options
    TThisDawggTThisDawgg Posts: 192 ✭✭✭ Junior

Is anyone else impressed with Filepe Franks?

• Options
    BarkingDawgBarkingDawg Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I haven’t seen today’s game but I liked how he kept his head up looking downfield in the last preseason game. Great running too. He seems more poised after Art Briles’/Sam Pittmans coaching than at UF. Is a pretty good undrafted free agent prospect.

What did he do today?

• Options
    allywallyw Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was just gonna get on here and comment on his good decision-making. He’s been pretty accurate with his throws, too. Never saw a glimpse of that at UF…

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Falcons trail the Browns 10-3 at the half. Franks is 5/8 for 66 yards with only 5 rush yards.

Game is on NBC if you want to watch.