Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Got gas?

12346»

Comments

• Options
    ChopperChopper Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    BaxleydawgBaxleydawg Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Knoxville, Tennessee, or perhaps Gainesville, Florida, and then there’s Auburn, Alabama, right??? Don’t forget Clemson, South Carolina either. Multiple locations of crayon eaters getting ready for the first finger painting class today.

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2021

I work for one of the biggest hospital companies in GA. They shared job numbers in a meeting just a couple of weeks ago. We have had a record number of people leave. Of those that left, a record number (about 20%) of them were called "job abandonment". That means they walked off or just didn't show up again.

Now some of that may of been from COVID stress. It got hairy at times. But I got to think the lack of consequences from not working has a little something to do with it too.

You show me a system that helps people, I'll show you a schmuck that will abuse it.

• Options
    MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2021

Just watching a news story about a lady searching for gas for two days. She saw a QT truck pull up and she immediately pulled into the station -- to top off. What a pity.

If your're traveling for vacation or your job, then filling up makes sense. But just to panic buy or top off for no reason. That's ridiculous.

At some 68 and retired, I seldom drive. And I certainly have no reason to top off. My tank is around half full. And been that way for a month.

I trust everyone else that is retired is doing the same. And not losing their sanity.

Edit: Everyone's situation is different. My wife and I live in Braselton, Ga. We are two miles from the grocery store, gas station, and Hospital. Not every retired person lives that close to essential services. My apologies.

• Options
    BaxleydawgBaxleydawg Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My company has a fuel delivery division. We have a fuel truck that does small tanks to farmers, small businesses, etc. Most have 500 gallon tanks. 250 Gallo a minimum on delivery. Had a guy call the other day and be real **** and insistent that he need 250 gallons immediately. We got out there and his tank only held 52 gallons. He had 448 gallons he just wanted to be topped off. Our owner was pissed and plans to charge him for 250.

• Options
    Bigjohnson92Bigjohnson92 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭ Senior